cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathanO
Advocate II
Advocate II

Exported flow has incorrect input triggers

I had an issue with adding a SQL Get Row action in a flow and decided to export the flow and import the flow.  At this point, the flow is too big and too much time went into it to start from scratch.

I exported the flow, re-imported as a new flow, and when I went to PowerApps to add the flow to a button, PowerApps indicated different inputs were expected than what was configured in the flow.

It listed a trigger input that was not used anywhere in the flow and was missing 2 inputs that are currently being used by the flow.  I looked at the package that was exportedf and went to the definition.json file.  I looked at the "triggers" data and it is wrong, it is missing 2 inputs and is including an input that is not used by any step in the flow.

Here is trigger section of the definition.json:

"triggers": {
"manual": {
"inputs": {
"schema": {
"properties": {
"Variable_Body": {
"description": "Enter request content. This parameter is used as part of \"body\"",
"format": "",
"type": "any",
"x-ms-powerflows-param-ispartial": true
},
"Variable_Body_1": {
"type": "any"
},
"Variable_Body_2": {
},
"Variable_Body_3": {
},
"Variable_Body_4": {
},
"Variable_Body_5": {
},
"HTTP2_Body": {
}
},
"required": [
"HTTP2_Body",
"Variable_Body",
"Variable_Body_1",
"Variable_Body_2",
"Variable_Body_3",
"Variable_Body_4",
"Variable_Body_5"
],
"type": "object"
}
},
"kind": "PowerApp",
"type": "Request"
}
}

Here is a screenshot showing there is an input being used in flow called HTTP_Body:
flow_parameter_list.PNG

I even copied the text from the body field and pasted it here:
{
"email": "@{triggerBody()['HTTP_Body']}"
}
It is not HTTP2_Body which is what the definition file contains.

Here is screenshot of the 2nd missing input currently in use by flow:

flow_powerapp_parameter.PNG

When I copy that field and paste it, it shows correctly.  I obfuscated the 2nd part of the name intentionally:

@triggerBody()['Executestoredprocedure_IntentionallyObfuscated']

The only thing I can think of with the 2nd paramter is that I removed it from the original step that it was created in.  For example, it was used on an execute stored procedure step.  However, the orignal flow works as expected regarding those two inputs.  

I consider this a bug because the two input varibales passed from PowerApps works as epected in the original flow.  When exported, they are missing and another, unused, variable is included.  In the original flow, there is no indication that the two input variables would not be exported and no indication that an extra, unused paramter, would be included.

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jonathanO,

Thanks for the feedback.

Could you please share more details about the Flow configuration, before and after the export action?

I will take some tests from my side.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-micsh-msftMichael,

What specifically do you need?  There are many steps in the flow.  Is there any way I can safely send you a copy of the flow?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (82,503)