Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delid4ve
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Expressions are removed on next open

In my test scenario:

1: Create flow from powerapps

2: Initialise variable (type string, intial value ask in powerapps)

3: Data Operation Compose (Expression: Base64ToBinary(VariableOutput))

4: Save the flow and close

5: Open the flow

The Base64ToBinaryExpression has disappeared and you are left with the VariableOutput

Whilst it works on first save, you have to remember to redo the expression everytime you edit it.

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side.

The expression would be formated to dynamic content automatically in some condition when reopen the flow.

I have created a flow as below:

Capture.PNG

When save the flow and reopen it , the expression in the flow would be formated to dynamic content as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

The expression in flow would be formated to dynamic content automatically in some condition,

However, this automatically formate wouldn't affect the normal run of the flow,and the flow could work fine as before.

The only alternative way could be save the expression in somewhere before you save the flow If you would like to use the expression in the flow.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Hello @v-yuazh-msft,

I am having the same problem but in my case it is very important to get the base64ToBinary() function work as it converts the Document before copying to sharepoint in compatible format to open the document. Please check screenshots for more reference:

Before saving the flowBefore saving the flowAfter saving and come back to check the FlowAfter saving and come back to check the FlowFile is getting saved in unknown format due to base64toBinary() not workingFile is getting saved in unknown format due to base64toBinary() not working

Here is my full formula: base64ToBinary(triggermultipartbody(0)['$content'])

Please let me know how to solve this issue.

Kind regards,

Naga

I am having the same issue. Expressions drop out when the Flow is reopened. Has anyone found a fix for this?

zdridos
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same problem here !!

AllanMac

This is terrible we shouldn't need to change this everytime the flow is edited..  Is there a workaround for this yet??

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (70,843)