cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChadVKealey
Power Participant
Power Participant

Failed to refresh access token for service: sharepointonlinecertificatev2 errors

I have a flow that is working most of the time, but this week, two instances (runs) of it have had a SharePoint "Update item" action fail with the same error (shown below). The timestamps of the two failures are about 6 hours apart, and other runs of the flow completed successfully around the same time. I suspect this was a temporary issue and hope that it's been fixed. However, seeing nothing in the "History" of the Service Health in the M365 admin center has me concerned. The two flow runs were executing under two different users; users who initiated other flow runs around the same time that completed successfully. So, it doesn't appear to be an issue with their (personal) connections. We've had a few other people report similar failures with other flows over the past several days. 

Has anyone else been seeing issues with SharePoint actions failing with similar messages ("Failed to refresh access token for service: sharepointonlinecertificatev2")?

{
  "status"401,
  "message""Error from token exchange: Runtime call was blocked because connection has error status: Enabled| Error, and sharepointonline is in the block list. Connection errors: [ParameterName: token, Error: Code: Unauthorized, Message: 'Failed to refresh access token for service: sharepointonlinecertificatev2. Correlation Id=cd230cf9-8965-4990-a106-c5e40e3e0ca7, UTC TimeStamp=1/27/2021 8:13:18 PM, Error: Failed to acquire token from AAD: An internal error occurred.\r\n']"
}
8 REPLIES 8
pcmccull
Advocate II
Advocate II

I've been seeing the same issue for at least the last week and a half. The error seems to occur with any requests that requires access to O365 resources, so far I've seen this error with actions for SharePoint, Email, Office365Users, and Forms. The issue happens with random actions on flows, there will be a couple of successful SharePoint actions and then the next one will fail with this error. These are flows that haven't been changed and have been running fine for months. 

Errors look variations of this:

Error from token exchange: Runtime call was blocked because connection has error status: Enabled| Error, and office365 is in the block list. Connection errors: [ParameterName: token, Error: Code: Unauthorized, Message: 'Failed to refresh access token for service: aadcertificate. Correlation Id=861ea771-replaced-guid-here-d66b0a11cada, UTC TimeStamp=1/28/2021 11:44:33 PM, Error: Failed to acquire token from AAD: An internal error occurred.
']

JasonSimpson

I am seeing the same error. It's been happening more frequently on flows where I have Approvals, Update Sharepoint and Emails together

Error from token exchange: Runtime call was blocked because connection has error status: Enabled| Error, and sharepointonline is in the block list. Connection errors: [ParameterName: token, Error: Code: Unauthorized, Message: 'Failed to refresh access token for service: sharepointonlinecertificatev2. Correlation Id=############3, UTC TimeStamp=2/1/2021 11:43:09 PM, Error: Failed to acquire token from AAD: An internal error occurred.
']

dbro
Super User
Super User

I'm also having the exact same error message for the last 1.5 - 2weeks.  What gives?  Anyone put in a ticket with MS yet or find out resolution to this issue?  I'm constantly checking my tenant flows on different accounts to try and "Fix connections" throughout the day. It's getting very old.  Any additional input would be appreciated.

vikulkar
Community Support
Community Support

Hello All,

Sorry for all the inconvinience because of this issue.

This issue was caused due to missing certificate which is now fixed.

If you still see the error, please reauthenticate the broken connection in the flow and the issue with Failed Refresh access token should go away.

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas K

burrisca
Advocate II
Advocate II

We are having the same problem with the office365 cert, is that also fixed?

vikulkar
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @burrisca ,

The issue had affected multiple connections including Office365.

The issue should be fixed for Office365 as well.

If you are are still having the issue, please try removing the Office365 connection from the connections page and re-add the connection in the flows by click on add-new-connection.

bolin-stratus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@vikulkar - I have been experienced intermittent flow failures for several months no.  Pls see errors below.

Error from token exchange: Runtime call was blocked because connection has error status: Enabled| Error, and office365 is in the block list. Connection errors: [ParameterName: token, Error: Code: Unauthorized, Message: 'Failed to refresh access token for service: aadcertificate.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

@vikulkar  Yesterday, I reauthenticated the failed connection in the flow and the issue with Failed Refresh access token returned this morning twice.  Below is a portion of the error message.  Any suggestions?

Error from token exchange: Runtime call was blocked because connection has error status: Enabled| Error, and office365 is in the block list. Connection errors: [ParameterName: token, Error: Code: Unauthorized, Message: 'Failed to refresh access token for service: aadcertificate. Error: Failed to acquire token from AAD: {"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"AADSTS700003: Device object was not found in the tenant 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,564)