cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

File System: Create File - Changing filename?

Just stumbled upon some strange behavior when using the File System: Create File action in Flow.

In short, the files that are created in a network folder using the Create File action are mysteriously having plus signs (+) in the filename converted into spaces.

A filename like this (in a SharePoint Document Library):

'I+am+a+filename.xlsm'

Turns into a filename like this (when copied into the network drive):

'I am a filename.xlsm'

Interestingly enough, the same 'Name' attribute is being used in another action (SharePoint: Create Item) just after this one and that one does include the plus signs.

File System: Create File

CreateFileAction.png

SharePoint: Create Item

CreateItemAction.png

This leads me to believe that something in the Create File action is changing the name on the fly to remove the plus signs, but I don't see this behavior documented anywhere and wanted to check if anyone else has seen the same thing (granted, it's probably an uncommon scenario)?

It'd also be nice to know if it's a bug or to be expected, so that I can plan accordingly for this particular solution.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,052)