cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottSukup
Level: Power Up

Filter Array > Apply Each not working like it did before.

So I created a flow triggered by when file is created or modified in a sharepoint folder. actions >  List Rows Present in table > Filter Array when field contains a string value and then it does a for each using the body output of the filter array then creates a task in a planner using a field from the body of the filter as the title and utcnow as the start date.

I am now trying to modifify the flow so i made a copy of it, but now I am unable to access the body output fields, for the title in the task create, it only lets me access values from the List Rows Present. The original flow still works and has the body field. Why can't I recreate this exact same thing again? Did Microsoft change something or break it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottSukup

Re: Filter Array > Apply Each not working like it did before.

Yeah I figured this out yesterday afternoon, When I had first built the original Flow the Dynamic data was actually showing the column names from the Body output of the filter array, Instead now it only shows Dynamic data from excel Value, I just need to dig in and see what the true labels are for the columns so I can concatinate I want the title to contain information from 2 fields instead of 1 like my original one did. Would be really awesome if they could maybe just go back to pulling the dynamic data from the Body 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ScottSukup ,

Could you use Dynamic content in Filter array when you create a similar Flow before?

I can only use Dynamic content contained in Filter array in very few cases, and it needs to be outside Apply to each.

Generally, if we need to reference the fields contained in Filter array, we could use Expression directly and use items('Apply_to_each')['ColumnName'] to get the value of the corresponding field.

For example, if you use the value of Title column in the Excel table as the title of the task, you could configure Flow by following the screenshot below:26.PNG

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ScottSukup

Yeah I figured this out yesterday afternoon, When I had first built the original Flow the Dynamic data was actually showing the column names from the Body output of the filter array, Instead now it only shows Dynamic data from excel Value, I just need to dig in and see what the true labels are for the columns so I can concatinate I want the title to contain information from 2 fields instead of 1 like my original one did. Would be really awesome if they could maybe just go back to pulling the dynamic data from the Body 

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ScottSukup ,

I have tested it many times and there is really no way to use Dynamic content associated with Filter array.

I searched for the relevant Thread, basically we can't get the relevant Dynamic content from Filter array after the first use. I have always used Expression to get the field value contained in Filter array Body.

An alternative is to use Expression to get the field value, although it is a bit more than using Dynamic content directly, but it can be considered.

The precaution when configuring is to first know if the corresponding Column is represented.

For example, we need to use Completed data field in Excel table, then I will fill the corresponding Dynamic content in Excel in Compose, and then view its composition, and then configure the corresponding Expression.

45.PNG

Finally, we could delete the extra Apply to each, after configuring the relevant Expression.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 102 members 5,443 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: