Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow Add-In not Loading in Excel

Hi there,

I am having an issue with loading the Flow Add-in into Excel.

I am running the latest version of Excel and have a current Office365 subscription.

The add-in is installed into Excel, but it doesn't load.

When trying to load I get the following errors.

Line: 1 Error: Object doesn't support property or method 'includes'

Line: 18 Error: Office.js has not fully loaded. Your app must call "Office.onReady()" as part of it's loading sequence (or set the "Office.initialize" function). If your app has this functionality, try reloading this page.

Look forward to hearing from you soon,

Simon

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow Add-In not Loading in Excel

Hi @Anonymous,

Are you working with Excel trigger?

Are you working with Excel in the browser or on the desktop?

Could you try to remove it then re-add it to see if it will work?

Here is the doc on how to get an Office Add-in for Excel:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/get-an-office-add-in-for-excel-d3df5854-0a4e-4169-9cc3-25177a288d3d

When testing it on my side, it seems that it works well in the browser, and I am able to trigger the flow by selecting a row.

1.PNG

Hope this doc on Excel trigger would also be helpful:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-microsoft-flow-integration-in-excel/

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SharepointRex
Level: Powered On

I to am having an issue - the flow loads & the various flows created around the document all dispaly - but the Run Flow Button does not display properly and when clicked - don't work.

This means we have flows in an excel - but can always use them because sometimes the Run Flow Button is not activating properly

Any tips on why this might be? I have not been able to find any info in any support topics on the problem.

I have tried signing out and , signing in, I have tried un installing & re-installing flow intergration from excel.

Nothing is changing - so I can not activate the flows.GreyedOutButtons.jpgButtons Greyed out - ie: not active

BWell

The Excel triggers use Tables, the Flows will grey out if you're not in a Table cell that can trigger the Flow.

kyleb350

I'm having the same issue. I have a fairly simple flow that will take the row and update one of six other Excel sheets based on a field value in the row. I've verified the following:

-Row that the entry is in is a part of the table belonging to the flow

-Flow is active/on

The button has been slow to become enabled prior (~5 seconds) but has functioned perfectly in the past. I'm wondering if there a size limitation?

/Update/ I've waited it out, and it is still working, but the delay for the button to become active is taking longer (around 5 minutes now).

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 295 members 4,446 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: