cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow Bug Creating Duplicate Processes when Flow is Powered Off and Back On

Issue:

If the Flow gets powered off, either intentionally or by accident, then subsequent transactions within Flow will be duplicated (two flow processes within the same flow will run for a single trigger action). Not sure if this is intended behavior, but it is causing issues downstream.

If a trigger action is initialized, but the Flow is offline, does the transaction get cached, then sent to the Flow when it comes back online? If so, this is causing duplicates. Can this be filed as a bug with Microsoft?

Also, the Power On/Power Off button requires a user prompt. It's too easy to accidentally Power Off a flow once it's online.

Trigger Action:

Cognito Forms "When a new entry is created"

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Click "Turn On" to power on the Flow with a Cognito Forms trigger.
  2. Send transactions from Cognito Forms to Flow and process.
  3. Power off the Flow.
  4. Power back on the Flow.
  5. Duplicate Flow processes are now created for the same trigger transaction.
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello,

Got it. I can reproduce the issue now. There is definitely something wrong with the connector. You should open a Support ticket with Microsoft highlighting this issue, and I am sure concerned team can work internally to get this fixed or provide other suggestions.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Got it! @rohsh354, I have already opened up a support ticket and an MS support engineer has already been assigned. Thank you for your confirmation that you are able to reproduce the issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Update: Microsoft's product team pushed a fix late last week. As of this post, the issue should now be resolved. Root cause was an issue on how the Unsubscribe was being handled/passed from Power Automate to Cognito Forms.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

I performed a simple test but I am not able to reproduce the issue.

Additionally, if the previous flow runs were in "running" state (when the flow was turned off), then it is possible that previous "in-progress" runs can still be triggered. Can you please confirm after how long do you turn the flow back on ?

Highlighted

Within a matter of seconds. There needs to be an inbound payload from Cognito Forms. So as you trigger the submit from Cognito, you must turn off Flow, then turn it back on.

Highlighted

Hello,

Got it. I can reproduce the issue now. There is definitely something wrong with the connector. You should open a Support ticket with Microsoft highlighting this issue, and I am sure concerned team can work internally to get this fixed or provide other suggestions.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Highlighted

Got it! @rohsh354, I have already opened up a support ticket and an MS support engineer has already been assigned. Thank you for your confirmation that you are able to reproduce the issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Update: Microsoft's product team pushed a fix late last week. As of this post, the issue should now be resolved. Root cause was an issue on how the Unsubscribe was being handled/passed from Power Automate to Cognito Forms.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,777)