cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vitg_df
Advocate I
Advocate I

Flow Button -> No date picker control available on Android / iOS

Create a flow that starts from the Flow Button (shows as Manually trigger a flow)

Click "+ Add input"

Select "Date"

Save flow

-> Run this newly created flow on your Android or iOS device and tap on the Trigger Date field

-> You will notice that no Date Picker / Calendar appears. Instead, the software keyboard displays on-screen and expects you to enter a date in YYYY-MM-DD format.

-> Run this newly created flow on your desktop machine and click in the Trigger Date field

-> You will notice a Date Picker / Calendar appears for easy use

4 REPLIES 4
v-analma
Community Support
Community Support

Hello vitg_df,

Thank you for your message.

I tried to reproduce the situation reported and it's behaving exactly like you reported.

I understand that the user experience is not consistent on both mobile and desktop versions but aside from that aspect, it's working fine if you input the date as suggested in the mobile version.

I would like to suggest you to present this as an idea in our Flow Ideas forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Ana Mateus

Support Engineer

Power Platform

Hi

this is not really an idea, it is a bug that was fixed already in the past but has returned... (see links below)

A consistent UX/UI for users is an important feature. Manually entering a reversed date format is not the expected behaviour (for a product designed to share buttons with non-developers in a business setting). 

Thank you for your help

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Date-amp-Time-picker-is-not-working...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Datepicker-created-in-Sharepoint-no...

PhilD
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Still not working... that is what led me to this page. I agree with @Eibbor , I can't use this and expect non-technical users to enter a date on a mobile device like this. A shame because there is a lot of potential but these docs are used to using things like google's apps that just work as expected and don't want to be bothered tinkering and fiddling around with unexpected behavior like this (and many others). The little things do actually matter a lot when dealing with non-technical users.

mveloso
Microsoft
Microsoft

This is still an issue. Unbelievable that this is not fixed after 2+ years

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,710)