Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Brownmattc
Level: Powered On

Flow, Daylight Savings Time, All Day Events

Hello,

I have found a bug that I hope gets fixed.  I have a PowerApp that manages our companies vacation time.  People select start and end dates (we do not do partial days).  After an approval the flow creates a calendar event in the employees calendar.  November 3rd is the end of Daylight Savings Time.  If this calendar event crosses the end of Daylight Savings time we reveice the following error on the create calendar event step:  "Your request can't be completed. The Event.End property for an all-day event needs to be set to midnight".   The calendar event is marked as an all-day event.

I understand that Flow uses UTC as its default and perhaps there is a way to play with the time zones in the Flow to resolve this but - that should not be nessisary.  Flow should be smart enough to handle the end or the begining of daylight savings time.   That is why I consider this a bug - this should not be something that users need to account for.

Thanks,

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow, Daylight Savings Time, All Day Events

Hi @Brownmattc,

Unfortunately, there is UTC as the default, the workaround is used addHours function when the end of Daylight Savings Time.

There is a similar Idea about Daylight saving time, you can vote it to make it come true in the future:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Decline-or-Tentative-Outlook-invites-based-on-schedul...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Brownmattc
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow, Daylight Savings Time, All Day Events

Nope - it is a bug.  There are tons of time zones and daylight savings starts/ends on different dates around the world.  We should not have to code for each one.  If I want an all day event I do not care if the start date is on one side of DST and the end date is on the other side.  We should be able to check the All Day button and be done with it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,870)