cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stormea
Level 8

Flow Error: "[connection] cannot be evaluated because property '[...]' not available

I wish that Mark did not mark "recreating the Flow" as the answer for this post because this bug still persists.

The closest way I've been able to recreate this issue on a consistent basis is to create a flow with a given set of connectors (SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.). The Flow can work flawlessly and seem great. Then, if I go back and now want to add an additional connector (custom or OOTB such as Outlook) I will get an error that the given connector is not available. It'll read like the following:

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_an_email_notification_2' inputs at line '1' and column '2505': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sendmail']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_sendmail' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_excelonlinebusiness, shared_onedriveforbusiness, shared_sharepointonline'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

The Flow originally was created with SharePoint, Excel Online, and OneDrive (as seen in the available properties listed in the error). Then once I went to add the Send Mail connector a week later to just send a simple notification email, it reports that it "cannot be evaluated..." because the property / connector doesn't exist....

BUT I JUST ADDED THE CONNECTOR RIGHT TO THE FLOW. HOW IS IT NOT AVAILABLE?!?

Flow absolutely has a bug handling connectors (seems to be consistently related to OneDrive for Business associated Flows if that helps narrow it down). Please don't tell me to just re-create it.

6 REPLIES 6
stormea
Level 8

Re: Flow Error: "[connection] cannot be evaluated because property '[...]' not available

Also to note, if I go to the Connectors page of the Flow. I get an error reading "Cannot read property 'properties' of undefined, however doesn't show me what is undefined?

Flow Connection Undefined Error.JPG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow Error: "[connection] cannot be evaluated because property '[...]' not available

Hi @stormea,

What’s your current situation?

How did you add other connectors to an existing flow?

Did you try to add an action in the flow?

Could you share more details to help reproduce this issue?

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
stormea
Level 8

Hello @v-yamao-msft, I've been able to narrow it down more. It looks like the Flow has to be created with a PowerApp Trigger and a given amount of connectors. Once I save, and then re-open the Flow and try to add an additional (new) connector, this is when the error pops up.

degvalentine
Level: Powered On

The workaround is to export the Flow, then re-import it as new. I found the workaround here when I encountered the same issue myself: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/property-shared-office365-doesn-t-exist/m-p/12984....

Highlighted
degvalentine

Recently discovered an easier workaround, though not as reliable: Test Flow with manual trigger.

2018-10-30 16_37_34-OneNote.png

After clicking the "Test Flow" and selecting "I'll perform the trigger action", a dialog appears that will map connections.

2018-10-30 16_41_01-Photos.png

This has worked for me once.

Jelle

Yeah, got the same issue but with Flow Trigger. As soon as I set another trigger, the problem is resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 23 members 4,366 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: