cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Miller1
Level: Powered On

Flow Fail: Update Planner Task Details

I have a Form that creates a Planner Task and then another action to update the task details.  This has been working fine for several weeks but has failed yesterday and today.  The task gets created, but the following error occurs.  Any thoughts?

{
  "error": {
    "code": "",
    "message": "The requested item is not found.",
    "innerError": {
      "request-id": "7eedc04a-f2e9-4a14-8498-ac87c69bcd59",
      "date": "2018-01-05T19:27:05"
    }
  }
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow Fail: Update Planner Task Details

Hi @Miller1,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you add a "Create a task" action and then add a "Update task details" action within your flow?

The issue is confirmed on my side, the “Update task details” action updates the task details for an existing task.

The “Update task details” action would run immediately when the “Create a task” action is completed, if the “Create a task” action is completed, but the task has not been created in Planner (It may spend some time creating the task in Planner), the “Update task details” action would run failed.

In addition, if you want to update the task detail, you could consider take a try with the following workaround:14.JPG

Note: Add a “Delay” action before the “Update task details” action.

The flow works successfully as below:15.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Miller1,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you add a "Create a task" action and then add a "Update task details" action within your flow?

The issue is confirmed on my side, the “Update task details” action updates the task details for an existing task.

The “Update task details” action would run immediately when the “Create a task” action is completed, if the “Create a task” action is completed, but the task has not been created in Planner (It may spend some time creating the task in Planner), the “Update task details” action would run failed.

In addition, if you want to update the task detail, you could consider take a try with the following workaround:14.JPG

Note: Add a “Delay” action before the “Update task details” action.

The flow works successfully as below:15.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Miller1

That did the trick  - thanks for your suggestion!

I do find it strange that it worked fine for several weeks but stopped working out of the blue. I'm wondering if the time between actions was reduced, causing this issue to occur.  In any case, it's working now.

CEHC
Level: Power Up

I had the same issue with 8 different flows (working for 4 months then all failing since beginning of year).

Adding the delay between task creation and update fixed them all.

Thanks!

chromiumleaf28

Confirming this worked for me too. I was in the same boat, where it worked in the past without a delay, but then stopped working at some point.

Thank you for the tip!

Barnstormer

Thanks for this solution.  This just started to happen to me yesterday.  Was driving me nuts!

aDamDr

Another way could be to change those actions (create Task and update Task) to be executed in synchronous mode. But still sometimes I get this error. Anyone knows why the synchronous mode would not work?

Annotation 2019-01-09 094947.jpg

lisamarie

I'm having this problem, even after inserting a delay (after 1 minute didn't work).  Even getting the error, it is creating a task--just not populating the description.  2019-03-28_12-18-45.png

lisamarie

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 331 members 5,406 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: