cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samstarzy
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Flow Fail: Update "Person or Group" Type Metadata in Sharepoint Document Library From Sharepoin List

I originally posted about this at the link below. After having the issue replicated by another user, we have determined that this issue is likely a bug.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-Fail-Update-quot-Person-or-Group-quot-Type-M...

1 REPLY 1
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @samstarzy,

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

When add a person metadata to my document library, the flow would also works fine.

When it is set to leave the "Submitted by claims" field blank,the screenshot of the configuration of your flow as below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

For when the "Submitted by Claims" data is set to be taken from "When an item is Created" dynamic content,does the "Submitted by" is a field in your list?

I have made a test on my side to create the "Submitted by" field in the list,and when the "Submitted by Claims" data is set to be taken from "When an item is Created" dynamic content, the screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Please make a test on your side again or try to create a new flow to test it and let mw know if your problem still exists.

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (965)