cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow Fails trying to send Approval Email

Was doing some troubleshooting of another issue in flow (detailed well in this thread) when i started getting another error. The previously affected flow now just fails instantly.

The only thing changed before this error started happening was that I changed the Person column in the list where the "Get Item" runs beforehand to not compulsory. The Get Item action runs succesfully though and I have not altered anything else... anyone have any ideas what may be happening here?

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_approval_email' inputs at line '1' and column '1576': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_office365' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

flowError2-1.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow Fails trying to send Approval Email

Hi rolycityaccount,

To test this issue, I create a flow the similar with you. There is also a People and Group column in my list, I have no other special settings.

Then I add the flow to a button on an app. When I click the button to run the flow, it runs succeed.

My flow configuration and the run status:
4.PNG

3.PNG

Could you try my steps to see if it works for you?

If you are still getting this issue, please provide the URL of your flow for a further investigation.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

Solved this by removing the flow from powerapp which triggers it, then re adding it again.

Not sure why but it worked. Thanks for your help!

Super User
Super User

I just hit this same issue where start an approval gives me the following error:

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Start_an_approval' inputs at line '1' and column '1872': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_approvals']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_approvals' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_office365'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

It seems to be a problem when running Approval steps within a Flow that is started by a Powerapps trigger

I ccreated a copy of my flow and then reloaded the app in PowerApps Studio. 

Tumelo
Level: Powered On

Has the product team worked on this yet as I just got the same issue?

r6_don
Level: Power Up

I expect nothing from them. This has been an issue for over one and a half years.

I don't understand why they can't fix these issues rather than spending time changing names of their products. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,579)