cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VancouverSleep
Regular Visitor

Flow - Microsoft Teams Message ID size mismatch

Hello!

I was trying to implement a Flow that would reply to a message on a specific channel.

I have the Team, Channel and Message IDs stores on a record.

When I try to get the Message ID to pass to the Reply action, there is an error, talking about the conversion to integer(1st picture).

After that, I tried to add them manually, but soon found out that the size of the message ID that the Post action gave was bigger (13 digit number) than what the reply accepted (10 digit number). (2nd and 3rd pictures)

To see if I picked the wrong IDs, I ran the "Get Messages" actions, but all messages had the 13 digit ID.

That's pretty much it, any help is much appreciated! 

Annotation 2019-12-11 110407_LI.jpg

Annotation 2019-12-11 110653.png

Annotation 2019-12-11 1106513.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VancouverSleep,

The message ID should be a 13 digit number, and your configuration is right. So the issue may be caused by the action, did you create this Flow from template?

If you create it from the template, please delete this action and recreate a new one, then try to test it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-litu-msft!

I didn't use a template to create the flow, I started from a blank one.

Hi @VancouverSleep,

That weird, how about you select the Team and Channel from drop down, then enter the Message ID manually?Annotation 2019-12-13 172514.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-litu-msft,

I´ve tried it but it gets the same result, sadly.

Capture.PNG

Hi @VancouverSleep,

I am sorry I could not give you more information about this issue, you can connect with the support for seek further help:

Annotation 2019-12-16 175449.png

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,284)