cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bjorn
Level: Powered On

Flow Not Triggering on Salesforce Record Creation

I've got a flow that is triggered on the creation of a new Salesforce record (Attachment object, not that it should matter, right?). I've created multiple records that should cause the flow to start, yet about 50% of the time it doesn't run. No errors or anything, just empty checks where it claims there are no new records. I know the records are there because I can query for them in Salesforce Workbench. If I give you guys the url from an skipped run can you check logs to see if requests are even being made to Salesforce?

I'm hesitant to put this into production if I can't rely on it. I've read about others having similar problems with other connectors. Should we just put everything on a Schedule rather than assume Flow will actually query for new records?

2018-12-09_18-42-32.png

2018-12-09_19-03-25.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bjorn

Re: Flow Not Triggering on Salesforce Record Creation

I think I understand what's going on. During testing I had my Flow switched on and off a lot while adding files. The  skipped runs were indeed 'new records', but were added when Flow was off. I think it compares the last Flow run time vs. the record creation time. And since my records were created before the last run time, they were skipped.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tfhegdbn

encountered this problem first time, trigger would actually show this state. I am curious as to whether the action below the trigger is running, or that the record has been generated, but the Flow shows the skipped state.

Bjorn

I think I understand what's going on. During testing I had my Flow switched on and off a lot while adding files. The  skipped runs were indeed 'new records', but were added when Flow was off. I think it compares the last Flow run time vs. the record creation time. And since my records were created before the last run time, they were skipped.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,647)