Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rhodesal
Level: Powered On

Flow/PowerApps Solutions Issues

Hi,

With the new Solutions feature that was just released, I have noticed 2 significant issues so far....

First, I am aware that it is not (yet) possible to move already existing Flows and Apps into a solution. However, I noticed that if you make a new canvas app in a solution, and then from the app create a new Flow with the PowerApps Button trigger, that flow is NOT stored with the app in the Solution. A work around could be creating the same type of Flow directly in the solution. Unfortunately, not only is this way more indirect, but whenever I try to add the Flow to a button in the PowerApp, it gives a "Registering Error". Even once it is possible to move another Flow into a Solution, Flows created in a Solution App should still automatically be created in the same solution.

Second, I also know that when you create a Flow in a solution you must disable it before saving any changes. I'm not sure the exact reason behide this, but it causes a very terrible user experience. Since the Flow is automatically turned on after the first save, if the user continues making changes (not realizing they won't be able to save), then they will lose all those changes when they have to leave to page to disable the Flow. This of course will waste a lot of time/effort and frustrate the user. On top of this, now the user has to remember to turn the Flow back on. What I would suggest is automatically disabling the Flow when the Edit button is clicked, then automatically re-enable the flow when they navigate away from the Edit page (assuming the original state of the Flow was enabled). 

Are these things that the Flow (or PowerApps) team is already aware of and working towards fixing? I would love to hear other's thoughts/possible solutions on these bugs...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Automate Staff TravisB
Power Automate Staff

Re: Flow/PowerApps Solutions Issues

Hi @rhodesal,

We're definitely aware of these issues and we're working on incrementally smoothing out the rough edges in flow/powerapps solution integration.

I can say for sure that we're working now to fix the first issue you brought up, creating solution flows from solution powerapps.

The second involves a lot more engineering to get right but is one of the largest pain points in solution flows we're aware of so we're working to make that experience more consistent.

Please continue letting us know when you see things off!

Best,

Travis

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rhodesal,

Thanks for feedback.

About #1, it seems that the new feature Solution has not been available in my region. I am not able to create a Solution to test this issue. I will keep an eye on it and test it once it is available in my region.

1.PNG

About #2, from the doc we know that to edit a solution-aware flow, we should Turn off it first then Edit. After you made edits in the flow designer, test changes, and then save it. if you’d like it to run, turn on it.

Please check the link for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/edit-solution-aware-flow

You could submit a request on Flow Ideas Forum so that PGs would take your ideas into consideration in the future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Power Automate Staff TravisB
Power Automate Staff

Hi @rhodesal,

We're definitely aware of these issues and we're working on incrementally smoothing out the rough edges in flow/powerapps solution integration.

I can say for sure that we're working now to fix the first issue you brought up, creating solution flows from solution powerapps.

The second involves a lot more engineering to get right but is one of the largest pain points in solution flows we're aware of so we're working to make that experience more consistent.

Please continue letting us know when you see things off!

Best,

Travis

View solution in original post

rhodesal

Thank you @TravisB, I look forward to seeing these improvements!

SamWallis

Hi @TravisB,

I'm wondering if any progress has been made regarding the 'Failiure to register service' issue?

We really need this addressed in order to complete our solutions and begin distribution.

Regards,
Sam

Dudditz
Level 8

Unless I am confused it seems like if you have rquirements to attach a flow to your powerapp and the flow resides within your solution you can't attach the flow as it fails to register.  At this point your only option is to create the flow from within the PowerApps Action resulting in your flow residing outside your Solution?

I am running in circles here spending far too much time trying to get my flows to work within a solution and all paths result in a registration failure.  If this is the case it would make sense to document this is currently unsupported.  Very frustrating.

SamWallis

@Dudditz  I have been told "The PA/solutions team is supposed to be tacking it over the next couple weeks."

Dudditz
Level 8

That's great news. 

Vipinchauhan77
Level: Power Up

Re: Flow/PowerApps Solutions Issues ?

Hi 

We are facing the same issue. Did any one found the correct solution yet ?

JBoman32768

@TravisB wrote:

Hey @TravisB - this was 6 months ago, any update on this?

This is a huge issue for ISV's - managing PowerApps across multiple customers is a nightmare without solution packaging and deployment tooling.

@nickdurak - any update from your side?

Thanks,

James.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 144 members 5,449 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: