cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow/PowerApps Solutions Issues

Hi,

With the new Solutions feature that was just released, I have noticed 2 significant issues so far....

First, I am aware that it is not (yet) possible to move already existing Flows and Apps into a solution. However, I noticed that if you make a new canvas app in a solution, and then from the app create a new Flow with the PowerApps Button trigger, that flow is NOT stored with the app in the Solution. A work around could be creating the same type of Flow directly in the solution. Unfortunately, not only is this way more indirect, but whenever I try to add the Flow to a button in the PowerApp, it gives a "Registering Error". Even once it is possible to move another Flow into a Solution, Flows created in a Solution App should still automatically be created in the same solution.

Second, I also know that when you create a Flow in a solution you must disable it before saving any changes. I'm not sure the exact reason behide this, but it causes a very terrible user experience. Since the Flow is automatically turned on after the first save, if the user continues making changes (not realizing they won't be able to save), then they will lose all those changes when they have to leave to page to disable the Flow. This of course will waste a lot of time/effort and frustrate the user. On top of this, now the user has to remember to turn the Flow back on. What I would suggest is automatically disabling the Flow when the Edit button is clicked, then automatically re-enable the flow when they navigate away from the Edit page (assuming the original state of the Flow was enabled). 

Are these things that the Flow (or PowerApps) team is already aware of and working towards fixing? I would love to hear other's thoughts/possible solutions on these bugs...

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Expected to be implemented by around September. Similar thread here it looks like

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Solutions-Cannot-attach-a-Solution-based-Flow-to-a...

Highlighted

@nickdurak  @kartikraop  Could we please pleeeease get an ETA on this?

Highlighted

This should be out by Jan 2020.

Between this issue and the massive increase in licensing costs, we've well and truly moved on from canvas apps for the time being. I'm still very much hoping to see this implemented soon in order to improve our next deployments (expected to cut up to two hours off our deployment time, and heavily reduce room for user error.)

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wondering if we are still expecting these issues to be resolved this month.  It's very painful to update the canvas app manually as there are a dozen BUs which need the app and triggered flows in the solution.

Highlighted

@kartikraop can you comment on this?

Highlighted

@kartikraop wrote:

This should be out by Jan 2020.

Hey @kartikraop - how did this go?  Any news?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,372)