cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daviss62

Flow Running for a Non-Modified Data File

Hello.

Over the last couple of years, I've been encountering an issue where Power Automate runs for a file that has not been modified. For example, the data file for our fiscal year July 2019 - June 2020 (FY20) would have technically last been modified around July/Aug 2020. During FY21 (July 2020 - June 2021) when the automation would run daily, the automation run would properly update the FY21 data file, but would also somehow cause the FY20 data file to have an updated modified date and it would end up clearing that data file to be 0 bytes instead of 271 KB in my Azure Blob Storage container. The issue would happen once shortly after the next fiscal year would begin and its new data file being introduced into the flow.

The only way I've been able to work around this is manually re-submitting the FY20 automation run daily. I've tried creating a new file several times and the flow run would be successful and show as 271 KB. The file format is the same for all of the files in the flow. (Each file per fiscal year is being run within one flow; none of the other files are being affected.)

I've attached a screenshot showing the setup for this flow, which has been our setup over the last couple of years that we've been using Power Automate.

Has anyone else experienced this and had the issue resolved? It seems like a potential bug...

Sharepoint-to-Azure Blob Container flowSharepoint-to-Azure Blob Container flow

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,341)