cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Flow Trigger "When an item or a file is modified" doesn't work

Hi there, 

I just wanted to report a bug since I couldn't find any reference for an issue I faced today. 

When creating a blank flow and use the trigger "When an item or a file is modified" for SharePoint, it won't work. I've tried to edit the file directly in the list and using another flow but neither one did initiate the trigger. 

After some research, I've found that there is also a template which uses the trigger "When an existing item is modified" and this trigger did work. 

When comparing the code, it is obvious that they are the same triggers even though they do the same. 

I guess a lot of other people will get in this situation so at least with this info they might save some time for researching. 

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Prototype_ ,

I did a test on my side, this trigger is work.

10.PNG

Please try to update the connection and create a new flow to test it.

This trigger is to make up for the previous vacancy, and it is only used to monitor whether an item has been changed.

In addition, When an existing item is modified is actually When an item is created or modified, which is different from When an item or a file is modified.

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Prototype_ ,

I did a test on my side, this trigger is work.

10.PNG

Please try to update the connection and create a new flow to test it.

This trigger is to make up for the previous vacancy, and it is only used to monitor whether an item has been changed.

In addition, When an existing item is modified is actually When an item is created or modified, which is different from When an item or a file is modified.

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (94,959)