cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow: When a work item is created, Azure DevOps

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to set up a connector from Azure DevOps Boards to MS Planner. The idea is that Planner should reflect (general) state of Azure Boards. First, on newly created item in DevOps a new task in Planner should be created. The structure of a Flow looks like this:

1.jpg

Result from the Flow is that connector works - creating new work item of type "Feature" in DevOps Boards create new task in MS Planner.

The issue is that it creates multiple instances of the same task. To be specific - flow runs / "executes itself" every 15 seconds, each time creating new task based on the same work item from DevOps. 

I have created workaround though by adding condition checking if there is task with the same name in Planner in order not to make a duplicates. The thing is that flow keep on working at the background as described above, and I am just worried about my corporate Flow Quotas.

Any ideas?

Best,

Tom

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow: When a work item is created, Azure DevOps

Hi @Anonymous ,

Observe the configuration of your Flow, it seems that this is no problem.

You could observe the Flow run history to see if Flow has been triggered multiple times after a work item has been created.

I did a test on my side. After a work item was created, Flow only triggered once and only one task was created.

I am wondering if you have previously configured a Flow that repeatedly creates the same work item, please check for a similar situation.

Currently I am not sure if this is a bug or other reasons, please provide more details to analyze the problem.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Thank You for the response!

I have took a look into flow run history prior to posting. It seems like the exact same item is triggering multiple times. In details, the input and output of trigger itself are exactly the same. The input and output of Planner flow following are exactly the same except Task ID (which is understandable). Proof of multiple executions down below:

flowH.jpg

Execution of the flow triggers more or less every 15 seconds.

My previous connectors involved SharePoint items to MS Planner and MS Planner to Outlook. Today I have deleted all my Connections and Flows to make sure there is no bug there and created new flow from DevOps to MS Planner from different DevOps project then before. Same situation as described previously. 

In admin tab I don't see that anyone else in the organisation beside me have any flows assigned.

For completness - work item in DevOps I have created (Flow was as in the original post):

devWI.jpg

Result in Planner:

planV.jpg

I am out of ideas. 🙂

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

I did a lot of testing on my side, but still can't reproduce the issue you mentioned.

This trigger does detect that a new work item is created, it will trigger, it seems that this has nothing to do with the trigger.

Please try to set Concurrency Control by clicking Settings, reduce the frequency of check and see if it helps.

19.PNG18.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Dasd
Level: Power Up

Hi,

I have very similar problem. My flow creates a subtask for PBI when this PBI is created. It was working fine for ~2 months and last week I've noticed the same problem as @Anonymous described. There were no changes in the flow setup during that time. I've just needed to refresh the connection to Azure Devops as it stoped working during last weekend.

I've also tried tweeking in settings as @v-bacao-msft sugested but it didn't help.

thom
Level: Powered On

Same issue here. My flow posts a message on a slack channel every time a new Critical or High bug is created in DevOps. It worked seemlessly the past 7 months. We did not change the flow during those 7 months, however since May, 10th we have the same issue as described in this thread: the flow is triggered continuously for the same work item and it keeps posting the same bug on slack. So, we had to turn off the flow. 

I've seen also other posts about the same problem. I'm confident this is a bug and apparently it must have been introduced about 2 weeks ago.

thom
Level: Powered On

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,141)