cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SharePointSD
Advocate II
Advocate II

Flow action "Start and wait for approval" Add "Multiple lines of text column" to 'Details' then Email text is enclosed wtih <div class="ExternalClass489BC68568DF4A40835ED748A2AE23D0"> tag

Repro steps:

1. Create a SharePoint online list and add column of type "Multiple lines of text" 'mltTextbox1'
  2. Create a flow and add action "Start and wait for approval"
  3. In the Details field add 'mltTextbox1'
  4. Create a listitem and type 'Test' in mltTextbox1
  5. When the email is received from Flow it shows <div class="ExternalClass489BC68568DF4A40835ED748A2AE23D0"> Test</div>
5 REPLIES 5
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SharePointSD ,

Could you please provide screenshoot of email message?

I tested it on my side according to the steps you mentioned and did not reproduce the problem you mentioned.

Here is my test result:

4.PNG5.PNG6.PNG

Please try to recreate Flow to check if a similar issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-bacao-msft, Please find screenshot below:

Based on your repro steps and outcome, I am convinced that the div tag may be introduced by something else. I will troubleshoot further.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hi @SharePointSD ,

Thank for your reply.

You could try to use Compose to store the contents of multiple lines of text field, and then see if the field value in Compose contains a <div> tag.

If so, you can be sure that this is not related to Approval email.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-bacao-msft @SharePointSD Looks like he is correct, here how text looks like in SharePoint list (multiple line of text type)

image.png

Here is how flow gets it, you should test above 255 char

image.png

bta1977

Found the solution in another post on powerusers.microsoft.com: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/lt-div-class-quot-ExternalClass8A81C2517A...

"Verify that the column you created in the SharePoint list is set for Plain text.  I suspect yours is set for rich text."

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,473)