cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sayatan
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Flow always gets created in Default environment

The empty template "Create a flow from blank" in the PowerApps portal has some problem. If I use this link to create a flow ,the flow always gets created in the default environment doesn't matter which environment I am in.

Flow_Bug.jpg

This option is only available when the environment does not already has a flow . Also noticed this section is visible only in incognito mode. In normal browser i get a empty page like the below one.

Flow_Bug1.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sayatan,

For your first question, which environment do you choose within your PowerApps web portal?

If you set the environment of your PowerApps to Default environment, when you create the flow within PowerApps, the flow woule be created in the Default environment of your Microsoft Flow. If you want the flow to be created in your own environment, please switch the environment of your PowerApps to your own environment.6.JPG

More details about switching environments on powerapps.com, please check the following article:

Switch environments

For your second question, If your environment already has flows, you could consider click "Create from blank" button to create a flow from blank:7.JPG

In default, when you create a flow via clicking the "Create from blank" button, the flow would add the PowerApps trigger as your flow's trigger automatically, you could remove it and add your own trigger.

When I click the Flows tab of my PowerApps (powerapps.com) in normal browser, the flows show up well as below:8.JPG

Please consider take a try to clear cache of your browser and re-open this section again to check if the issue solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Kris( @v-xida-msft),

Thanks for the reply. I have tested the scenario once again and I really think this is a bug. I will try to explain it.

1.Go to PowerApps Studio for web  and change the environment from the top right corner. Change it to some environment which doesnt already have a flow in it.

2.Go to the "Flows" tab.

3. If you dont have any existing flow you will be able to see a blank template "Create a flow from blank".

4. Create a flow using this template and save it.

5. Once saved click on the "Done" button . It shows you a list of flows. However, as this is the first flow I have created in this environment I was expecting only one flow. Therefore, I realised the list displays all the flows which are in my default environment.

6. Now, switch back to your default environment , and clik on the "Flows" tab. You will see the newly created flow.

However, when I create a flow using the "Create from blank" link, as you have explained in the second image, it works as expected.

You can test this only in an environment which doesnt have an exisiting flow. Otherwise, you will not see the "Create a flow from blank" template.

Thanks,

Sayantan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,248)