cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow assigns flow author as task creator

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this would be a bug or a feature request but my gut is leaning more towards bug.

When you use flows to create a new task in planner triggered by a new item created in a sharepoint list, it assigns the author of the flow as the task creator. 

Example:

User1: Alex
User2: Charlie

Alex creates a flow to create a new task in Planner when a user creates a new list item on their SharePoint site. Alex is the author of the flow.

Charlie creates a new list item on the SharePoint website. Charlie is the creator of the the list item.

Flow creates a new Task in Planner

Problem: The tasks created by user ID is set to Alex's, NOT Charlies.

This is an issue because when you're using it in a help desk scenario no matter what Alex will always be the task creator.

What is happenining Flow Author -> Task Creator

What should be happening List Item Creator -> Task Creator

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want the creator of list item in your SharePoint list to be the creator of the Planner task?

Do you share your flow with members within your organization?

I suppose that you have shared the flow with the members within your organization, is it true? The creator of the Planner task is based on the connections to the Planner connector.

In other words, if the user Alex creates a connection to Planner connector with his current login in account of Microsoft Flow, when he creates a Planner task using "Create a task" action, the creator of the Planner task is Alex. If the user Charlie who the user Alex shared the flow with creates a connection to Planner connector with his current login account of Microsoft Flow, when he creates a Planner task using "Create a task" action, the creator of Planner task is Charlie.

The creator of the Planner task is not based on the creator of the list item of your SharePoint list, if you want the creator of Planner task to be the creator of the list item of your SharePoint list, you should use the Office 365 account of the creator of the list item of your SharePoint list to create a connection to the Planner connector and then create a Planner task using "Create a task" action.

In addition, if you want the user Charlie could create a Planner task within the Planner plan of the user Alex, the user Alex must add the user Charlie as a member of his Planner plan, otherwise, the user Charlie would not have access to the user Alex's Planner plan (If the user Charlie would not have access to the user Alex's Planner plan, the "Create a task" action of Planner connector would fail).

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-xida-msft/Kris

Is it possible to share my flow with the entire organization?

Also where in the flow do I put the connector for O365 Users?

flow-create-task-expanded.jpghelpdeskphase1flow.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (11,023)