cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frevan

Flow auto-convertion of UTC to different time zone

I had some issues with the date/time on one of our flows.

The time zone automaticly changed from UTC to -8.

Capture.PNG

After talking to support they confirmed that Power Automate auto-converts UTC to local time.

For some reason it converted UTC to -8. Which I suspect is determined by server location.

---

I implemented a workaround in Power Query in PBI.

1. Added a column that added the correct time zone to the auto-converted time.

Column1 = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Column1", each DateTime.AddZone([UTC],-8))

2. Added a column that converted time stamp from -8 to +1.

Column2 = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type1", "Column2", each DateTimeZone.SwitchZone([Column1],+1))

The data type of the columns also needed to be set to "Date/Time/Timezone" for both columns.

---

Seams strange that there is no way of disabling this "feature"...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
danielbazetto
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @frevan ,

I did some tests on my end, If I run the flow it will bring me the Input and output in UTC time, however in the Sharepoint it will show me the time based on my regional settings which was for that moment in US-Pacific time.

01.png

02.png

03.png

Once I've changed the Regional Settings to my local time the time entered on the Sharepoint list was converted accordingly to UTC+2.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
danielbazetto
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @frevan ,

I did some tests on my end, If I run the flow it will bring me the Input and output in UTC time, however in the Sharepoint it will show me the time based on my regional settings which was for that moment in US-Pacific time.

01.png

02.png

03.png

Once I've changed the Regional Settings to my local time the time entered on the Sharepoint list was converted accordingly to UTC+2.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

DeeTronSEAM
Advocate V
Advocate V

I found a similar issue for a SQL Server target though the actual value inserted in the database is truly altered by the server's timezone (NOT the Flow user's) and it is NOT a client "locale-adjustment" display issue. We've validated that the value is an altered value by directly using T-SQL.   Thought I'd mention that here in case that post helps other who find this similar post.

Dealing with timezones for date values in Flow (SQ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,470)