cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow being triggered from another environment

I have an open ticket, waiting for reply from MS, but I wanted to see if anyone else had encountered this.

I have a Prod and Dev CDS environment. I copied the database from Prod to Dev for testing. That completed fine. All flows in Dev are disabled. I have a flow in Prod that triggers off a record being created in the Email Entity. The flow in the Prod environment is now being triggered when a record is created in the Dev environment. This will make it impossible to actually test changes in Dev, and I am now concerned what other unexpected behaviors will occur from this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I received a response from Microsoft Support.

Apparently this is not a bug and done by design

if we copy dev environment and create a production CDS environment (cloned), the webhook notifications will also be duplicated and this issue will be seen."

The following steps where recommended to mitigate

For every flow:

- minor modification of "trigger" and save it.

ex: scope , entity name, attribute etc

- revert back the change done above and save it again.

I tested this one my end, and it did appear to stop the flow from triggering from the other environment.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanW ,

Does MS Support have any response? I am wondering if you have not switched environments? You could try to switch the current environment to the one you expect.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

I have a call with them today.   The trigger is common data service current environment.   There is no environment selector in the trigger.  Also, the workflow triggers from records being created in both environments.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

MS support agent took some notes and screenshots and are forwarding it on to a product engineer.  

Highlighted

Hi @DanW ,

It is true that these issues may not be resolved quickly through the forums, as there is a need to provide a lot of information that may involve private information.

However, you have found the right way to solve this problem. If you have found the cause of the problem or have any solutions, please share it, perhaps this will help other users with similar problems. Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I received a response from Microsoft Support.

Apparently this is not a bug and done by design

if we copy dev environment and create a production CDS environment (cloned), the webhook notifications will also be duplicated and this issue will be seen."

The following steps where recommended to mitigate

For every flow:

- minor modification of "trigger" and save it.

ex: scope , entity name, attribute etc

- revert back the change done above and save it again.

I tested this one my end, and it did appear to stop the flow from triggering from the other environment.  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (12,789)