cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajithcp
Frequent Visitor

Flow cannot use a Child Flow because of them being in a different Subscription despite being in same Managed Solution

I have a managed solution with canvas app, entities, flows and environment variables.

While trying to turn on the Parent flow that refers a child flow I get the following error, 

Your flow could not turn on: XXXParent. Error: Flow client error returned with status code "NotFound" and details "{"error":{"code":"AzureResourceManagerRequestFailed","message":"Request to Azure Resource Manager failed with error: 'The LogicApps API call failed with http status code 'NotFound' and response content '{\"error\":{\"code\":\"NestedWorkflowNotFound\",\"message\":\"The workflow '/subscriptions/XXXXX-4b441017c969/resourceGroups/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-90509BFD12B74E63AD3CE87A791A476F-ENV/providers/Microsoft.Logic/workflows/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX019' could not be found in location 'canadacentral'. Both the parent workflow 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX94' and the child workflow '/subscriptions/XXXXX-4b441017c969/resourceGroups/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-90509BFD12B74E63AD3CE87A791A476F-ENV/providers/Microsoft.Logic/workflows/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX019' must exist in the same location.\"}}''."}}".

I'm trying to understand why this issue happens when:

Both the parent flow and the child-flow it is calling are in the same Power Platform environment.

They are both within the same Solution.

The child flow is in turned on state. I cannot turn off the child flow as well and I get the following error when I turn off the child flow, Your flow could not turn off: XXXXXXXXXXXChild. Error: Flow client error returned with status code "NotFound" and details "{"error":{"code":"FlowNotFound","message":"Could not find flow 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX019'."}}".

Because of this issue I am not even able to uninstall the managed solution.

I have read elsewhere that the flows within a solution is buggy and PG is working actively on it. Is there a workaround for this solution without deleting the child flow and creating it again or removing the flows from the managed solution ?

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sajithcp,

There is a post has the same issue with you, please try to delete the child Flow and recreate a new one and try it again:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flows-in-the-same-Solution-says-child-and-parent-...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-litu-msft ,

Deleting child flow and recreating is not an option. As this is bundled together as a managed solution and is taken to higher environment as part of an ALM process. For e.g, this issue happens in a higher environment say UAT or PRD where the managed solution is deployed. I cannot delete and recreate the child flow in a higher environment. This is the reason for this new post.

Regards,

Sajith C P

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,586)