cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow cannot use a Child Flow because of them being in a different Subscription despite being in same Managed Solution

I have a managed solution with canvas app, entities, flows and environment variables.

While trying to turn on the Parent flow that refers a child flow I get the following error, 

Your flow could not turn on: XXXParent. Error: Flow client error returned with status code "NotFound" and details "{"error":{"code":"AzureResourceManagerRequestFailed","message":"Request to Azure Resource Manager failed with error: 'The LogicApps API call failed with http status code 'NotFound' and response content '{\"error\":{\"code\":\"NestedWorkflowNotFound\",\"message\":\"The workflow '/subscriptions/XXXXX-4b441017c969/resourceGroups/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-90509BFD12B74E63AD3CE87A791A476F-ENV/providers/Microsoft.Logic/workflows/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX019' could not be found in location 'canadacentral'. Both the parent workflow 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX94' and the child workflow '/subscriptions/XXXXX-4b441017c969/resourceGroups/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-90509BFD12B74E63AD3CE87A791A476F-ENV/providers/Microsoft.Logic/workflows/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX019' must exist in the same location.\"}}''."}}".

I'm trying to understand why this issue happens when:

Both the parent flow and the child-flow it is calling are in the same Power Platform environment.

They are both within the same Solution.

The child flow is in turned on state. I cannot turn off the child flow as well and I get the following error when I turn off the child flow, Your flow could not turn off: XXXXXXXXXXXChild. Error: Flow client error returned with status code "NotFound" and details "{"error":{"code":"FlowNotFound","message":"Could not find flow 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX019'."}}".

Because of this issue I am not even able to uninstall the managed solution.

I have read elsewhere that the flows within a solution is buggy and PG is working actively on it. Is there a workaround for this solution without deleting the child flow and creating it again or removing the flows from the managed solution ?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow cannot use a Child Flow because of them being in a different Subscription despite being in same Managed Solution

Hi @sajithcp,

There is a post has the same issue with you, please try to delete the child Flow and recreate a new one and try it again:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flows-in-the-same-Solution-says-child-and-parent-...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Flow cannot use a Child Flow because of them being in a different Subscription despite being in same Managed Solution

Hi @v-litu-msft ,

Deleting child flow and recreating is not an option. As this is bundled together as a managed solution and is taken to higher environment as part of an ALM process. For e.g, this issue happens in a higher environment say UAT or PRD where the managed solution is deployed. I cannot delete and recreate the child flow in a higher environment. This is the reason for this new post.

Regards,

Sajith C P

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,331)