cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow failing at the approval section:Error code: 'ApiManagementAccountNotAllowed'

I have simple flow when a new request is created in the SharePoint list, it triggers approval. Approver gets email to approve and status is updated back in SharePoint list.

Flow was failing at the approval section and below error was displayed.

Forbidden. The request failed. Error code: 'ApiManagementAccountNotAllowed'. Error Message: 'Call not allowed from api management account 'msmanaged-na'.'

Can someone help me on this.Capture.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Same issue here. 

Highlighted

Same issue with one of my key workflows.

Highlighted

The version of the approval step in my workflow is deprecated.  I tried adding the "Start and wiat for an approval" step into the workflow, and ran into a problem.  This same issue occurs on a completely new flow that I created to test it.  The widget in the designer displays a drop-down for "Approval type", but when I try to select an approval type, I get an error messgae as the first item in the menu: "Could not retrieve values, undefined."

This is clearly a bug -- there is no sense having a menu without values.  The problem appeared today -- the original workflow was working fine yesterday.  I hope MS will fix both problems IMMEDIATELY.  This is breaking production code that has been stable for a long time.

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

I'm aware of the issue and am currently working on a fix.

Highlighted

Thank you all - Issue is resolved now.

Highlighted

Thank you, I've confirmed everything's working for me again.  I appreciate the quick turnaround!

Highlighted

What was the fix for this issue? I am using the "Start and wait for an approval" action and I too got this issue the other day randomly. Most other times have yielded no error/issue, but one random time I got this error (same as OP).

@Michelangelo  The fix for the issue was that I needed to redploy some metadata for the Approvals connector to the proper regions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,878)