cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow is being triggered twice every time a file is modified in OneDrive folder

I am experiencing an issue where Flow is being triggered twice every time when a file is modified in OneDrive Folder. To test it I turned off all the production Flows in my environment and created the following test Flow. The test Flow has nothing but initializes a variable when the Flow is triggered when a file is modified in a OneDrive folder. The Flow is getting triggered twice every time at 5-7 minute interval difference. Need help ASAP.

Capture.JPG

Capture (1).JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dalejohn ,

I did a test on my side and configured the same Flow, but I didn't see the problem you mentioned.

37.PNG

I think the reason for the problem you mentioned may be the following:

• First check to see if you have previously created an Flow that includes an Update file or changes the contents or properties of the files in the OneDrive specified folder.

A lot of similar problems are caused by the logic contained in the Flow that was created before, which affects the normal operation of the existing Flow.

• In addition, if you edit the file online, such as word, excel, etc., it may also cause this to happen.

When the file is edited online, the file will be saved automatically(AutoSave). Flow will consider that the file has been changed, so it will be triggered. When you save it manually, Flow will trigger once again, so there are multiple triggers.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I also experienced a similar problem.

My Flow is triggered when a file is created or modified in a folder in a SharePoint.

This flow use the action that is list rows present in a table in a Excel file in the SharePoint folder.

If this flow is executed first, this Excel file is update despite not edited by this flow(and this flow is executed again).

Highlighted

I get the same problem. Our flows were running stable for month and nobody touched them. The problem occurred without any reason being apparent.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,852)