cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwoxer
Level: Powered On

Flow is not always triggering, sometimes working, often not, for no reason

I use the Outlook "New Mail" trigger of the latest version. This is triggered on a subfolder of the Outlook Account.

Overall the Flow works. But often the trigger does not work randomly. So sometimes on valid new mails it seems that it is not correctly recognized.

But the strange thing is, if I forward those mails that were not triggered. And send those again to the mail account and dropping them into the subfolder it works. So it's not something wrong with the mail.

It really seems that the New Mail trigger does not work correctly. As if it is just taking some mail and ignore others.

Another test of me was with 11 mails that I moved to the subfolder at the same time. Curious was that in Flow only 5 runs were create. So 6 were ignored. I also wait one hour, nothing happened... after that I forwards the 6 mails to the mail account, and moved them all together to the subfolder. Now those 6 were created as runs.

It seems so random, there is not even a cap of 5 or 6 as you can see.

Is there anything I can do about this random behaviour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kwoxer

Re: Flow is not always triggering, sometimes working, often not, for no reason

I got some help from the Microsoft support. After several tries, it seems that the "New mail" trigger is buggy and simply does not ALWAYS work on shared mailboxes.

I got the hint with another trigger called “When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox”. That kind of solved the issue for now. Until now there were all mails correctly triggered. I will do further testing and next week giving you a more in deep update on this. So for now I would say the issue is solved.

Maybe Microsoft should do better documentation on this. So the “New mail” trigger is working. But on shared folders it’s not a bullet proof solution as it’s sometimes just not working without any reason.

So please update the docs, so no one else but me is getting those trouble.

Hope this might help also others with accessing Shared Mailboxes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kwoxer ,

Could you share a screenshot of the Flow configuration?

I noticed that you mentioned subfolder all the time. Could you provide more details about it?

In addition, I suggest that you can try to update the connection first and then test whether similar problems still exist.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kwoxer

Just tested again. Here is my STR:

• send 27 mails to the INBOX
  • move them to my subfolder
  • wait to get them triggered by my Flow
  • see that just 10 of the 27 mails were triggered

2020-02-03 09_04_12-StrokesPlus.png

There is no reason for this. All mails are the same. Having the same 1,5MB attachment. Same Subject with a unique number. Same sender, same receiver. No difference.

It seems that it's capped at 10 mails somehow...

Highlighted
kwoxer

Can someone else test it? I mean it's easy to test. Just make sure you get all those plenty of mails in the 3-min check interval.

Also have a look on my other image here. It say that there are 8 runs. But as you can see it's 10 runs... can't Microsoft count correctly? Or is this maybe some indicator that there is some huge trouble going on on the Microsoft servers? I cannot explain it better to me.2020-02-05 08_15_12-StrokesPlus.png

kwoxer

To 99,99% sure that it's the "more-than-10-mails" issue.

Always when there are too much mails per 3 min, it's nothing triggered.

Can I somewhere report this bug, so it's more important to Microsoft?

I mean how can it be that noone is testing those important Triggers? I'm not amused as I need this trigger running successfully all the time.

kwoxer

I got some help from the Microsoft support. After several tries, it seems that the "New mail" trigger is buggy and simply does not ALWAYS work on shared mailboxes.

I got the hint with another trigger called “When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox”. That kind of solved the issue for now. Until now there were all mails correctly triggered. I will do further testing and next week giving you a more in deep update on this. So for now I would say the issue is solved.

Maybe Microsoft should do better documentation on this. So the “New mail” trigger is working. But on shared folders it’s not a bullet proof solution as it’s sometimes just not working without any reason.

So please update the docs, so no one else but me is getting those trouble.

Hope this might help also others with accessing Shared Mailboxes.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,387)