cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Flow is sending REST Message twice

I have defined a custom connector with a POST message to a defined endpoint with several parameters, three of which are arrays.  The action for this method is called out once in the flow with the arrays being filled in by variables.

When the flow runs, the POST message is sent once without the arrays filled, and again with the arrays filled.  When the arrays are empty, the POST message is sent twice with the same parameters.

I can provide the flow details and custom connector definition if needed to debug this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow is sending REST Message twice

Hi @ DebDySi,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about the custom connector that you have created?

Could you please share more details about the problem you meet when the flow runs?Is it that the post message is sent twice?

Do you mean the POST message is sent once without the arrays filled, and again with the arrays filled when the flow runs?

Could you please share more details so we could try to help you.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

• The flow is rather complicated, several images are required.  I have added them to my public album.
  • The connector has several actions, the Preregister action sends a POST message with JSON in the body and content type set to application/json in the header.
  • The problem is that the POST message is sent twice when the flow runs, once without the arrays filled and once with.  The second send fails because the user is added with the first one, and now the user has a duplicate email.
  • I also experimented with not setting the array properties; the message is still sent twice.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Microsoft must have changed something, because it is working now.  This can be closed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,890)