cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mycosoft
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow not Triggering (Sharepoint Modified)

I have a similar problem, for now I will patch to 2 lists rather than one.

MCCLabelFlow

Having a similar issue, except mine doesn't work on certain file types?  It works fine with xlsx/docx/txt, but anything else its not picking up?

Power Automate Staff dblyth
Power Automate Staff

@MCCLabelFlow to clarify the flow triggers when xlsx/docx/text are created, but not other file types?

To investigate, we will need:

- The flow that ran or didn't run

- The timestamp + timezone in which a file was created but the flow did not trigger.

MCCLabelFlow

@dblyth wrote:

@MCCLabelFlow to clarify the flow triggers when xlsx/docx/text are created, but not other file types?

To investigate, we will need:

- The flow that ran or didn't run

- The timestamp + timezone in which a file was created but the flow did not trigger.

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-7624f083-58b6-4d86-b705-a65afeb08f48/flows...

Eastern Standard Time.  These are files that are being copied from another directory.  We have another flow that this is working in, picking up files copied?

error.png

npokhrel123

Hello Dblyth,

I am still having issue. Flow is not trigerring sometime and sometime when i save the item 3 times (Since its modified it should trigger that flow but it only executes it twice not for the third instance.)

How can we solve these issues, this is very frustating. What Microsoft is selling is really not working.

abpmr_entarc

I have submitted a support ticket to MS as there is definitely something going on witht he platform today. None of my Flows load.

Power Automate Staff

Changes in quick succession can be batched, there is no guarantee that every single edit of an item will result in a distinct flow run. Sharepoint does this specifically to AVOID running multiple times when users change fields in succession. Also, the recurrence interval calculated based on your plans (premium vs O365/Free) can come into play, where Sharepoint will pick up changes a few minutes apart to the same item). 

@npokhrel123 I have an old Flow id of yours, but without any info about the exact times at which you made changes, Sharepoint & Flow cannot investigate anything. Please share timestamp (including timezone) when you made changes. 

@abpmr_entarc can you please share details about what you are seeing? That sounds entirely different than what this thread is about (SharePoint triggers not triggering for some changes).

Highlighted
abpmr_entarc

Fair enough. Thank you for the heads-up.

JD7
Level: Power Up

This is a very aggravating issue. There must be a set of cases that apply for a flow to not work. We are using a very basic flow - when a file is added, send an email to a specific list of people. Half the time (or less) it works and half nothing ever shows in the logs. So whether it is file name restrictions, file type restrictions, frequency of the flow (even though we pay for a full flow license), or whatever the case might be, this system is far from working as advertised. It would be great if a list of all the conditional factors was available or just a confirmation from MS that this system doesn't work and shouldn't be relied on. 

Power Automate Staff

@MCCLabelFlow The Flow you shared with me above is using the filesystem trigger, correct?

Not to discount the bug, but it would explain why I've been unable to reproduce this with the the SharePoint trigger (which is what this thread is generally about). I can keep investigating your issue about the FS trigger not processing certain file types. 

@JD7 100% agree, and I have asked the SharePoint Product Managers to document the expected behaviors on their triggers -- how quickly they can be expected to fire, how/when changes may be batched together into a single flow run, etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 465 members 6,174 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: