I have a flow that is connected to a large, heavily used Sharepoint O365 List. Up until late last week (I believe it was 5/25/17 around 2:30pm-ish), it worked like a dream. 100% success.
The flow is designed to pick up modified items, do a check against a "Status" field, and based on that, either send an email or skip. Due to the fact that I'm statusing, and on each status change I save the item, it kicks off multiple flows per item. I have 3 statuses, New, In Progress, and Completed. When it gets moved to Completed, it sends the emails.
Like I said, up until last Thursday, it worked like a dream. It would trigger on both in progress and completed, and run the whole flow on completed. A+. Well, silly ol' me introduced a second, smaller workflow on the same list to test something, as opposed to messing with my perfect child. Thats when the problems started.
I noticed my new flow only triggered about 2/3rds of the time. It would detect the "In Progress" save, but then never detect the "Completed" save. It wasnt erroring out, flows just was NOT triggering. Unfortunately, the trend has spread to my heavily used email workflow.
To get a sample size, I scrolled through my email to see what my sent box looked like. In 2 days and a few hours this morning, there have been a total of 337 items "Completed". Of those 337, ONLY 215 have triggered on the modify containing the "Completed". Thats a 64% success rate folks. Thats TERRIBLE.
Here is what I have done to troubleshoot so far:
No, the list name hasnt changed. Nothing significant has changed to the list. I havent modified the flow (outside of the connection user stuff). It simply went from perfect to garbage. Has anyone else experianced this, or can a mod/admin tell me a solution? I've done everything I can think of short of deleting the flow and starting from scratch, but I dont want to go through all that trouble and it still not work. It took forever to write, because I have several versions of HTML emails going on...
I have seen a similar issue on another thread and I can reporduce this issue on my side.
The flow which is triggered by "When an existing item is modified" doesn't work as expected. Though an existing item is modified, the flow won't be triggered.
I will report this issue and involve someone who is farmilar with this issue have a look into it.
I'm also experiencing issues with the "when an existing item is modified" SharePoint trigger in that a large number of times (probably around 1/3 like you) it does not fire.
There seems to be numerous threads with people reporting similar issues.
For reference - I just created 2 very basic flows which send an email, one triggers "When a new item is created" and the other "When an existing item is modified".
I then created 3 test items through PowerApps and both flows fired on all 3 items. However, I then edited the second item through PowerApps, and edited the third item directly from within the list but neither of these caused the modified flow to fire.
Thanks for supplying some additional info Areid! Do you remember a specific time where yours began to not trigger? Like I said in the original post, my experiance was it worked all the way up till late May...
No problem. I've only been playing around with Flow since 17-May and initally everything seemed OK - I've checked back through my email history and there doesn't appear to be any breaks in the SharePoint ID which I put on the emails. I would say these problems have started in the past week or so.
Glad i was able to find this post! I have spend the last few hours defaulting to an older flow, then rebuilding my flow trying to determine what the issue is. We are in the process of testing a powerapp on our team, however as of thursday last week one user mentioned they werent receiving the email notifications for all the status changes that were being made. hoping that there is a solution very soon.
PGs are working on a fix on this issue. It seems that it will be ok by the end of next week.
Please try it again next week and let me know if it will work for you as expected.