I have a flow that is connected to a large, heavily used Sharepoint O365 List. Up until late last week (I believe it was 5/25/17 around 2:30pm-ish), it worked like a dream. 100% success.
The flow is designed to pick up modified items, do a check against a "Status" field, and based on that, either send an email or skip. Due to the fact that I'm statusing, and on each status change I save the item, it kicks off multiple flows per item. I have 3 statuses, New, In Progress, and Completed. When it gets moved to Completed, it sends the emails.
Like I said, up until last Thursday, it worked like a dream. It would trigger on both in progress and completed, and run the whole flow on completed. A+. Well, silly ol' me introduced a second, smaller workflow on the same list to test something, as opposed to messing with my perfect child. Thats when the problems started.
I noticed my new flow only triggered about 2/3rds of the time. It would detect the "In Progress" save, but then never detect the "Completed" save. It wasnt erroring out, flows just was NOT triggering. Unfortunately, the trend has spread to my heavily used email workflow.
To get a sample size, I scrolled through my email to see what my sent box looked like. In 2 days and a few hours this morning, there have been a total of 337 items "Completed". Of those 337, ONLY 215 have triggered on the modify containing the "Completed". Thats a 64% success rate folks. Thats TERRIBLE.
Here is what I have done to troubleshoot so far:
No, the list name hasnt changed. Nothing significant has changed to the list. I havent modified the flow (outside of the connection user stuff). It simply went from perfect to garbage. Has anyone else experianced this, or can a mod/admin tell me a solution? I've done everything I can think of short of deleting the flow and starting from scratch, but I dont want to go through all that trouble and it still not work. It took forever to write, because I have several versions of HTML emails going on...
I discussed with a Microsoft Technician again last week and was told it would be at least 1-2 more months for a fix. Mind you, I was told 1 month ago that it would be fixed in 1 month. So it could be just whenever.
Can you pleae provide more details, I'm sorry for your experience with us. There are no known issues right now with update/create notifications on sharepoint items with flows.
Here is my incident number with Microsoft if you want to look it up. My issue is related to Forms and Flow.
Office 365 Ticket #30126-6082779
The issue is simple. I constantly modified a SP list item, workflow doesn't fire upon modification as designed. This happened in July/Aug timeframe on many list items. The trigger not happening consistently is sadly a massive show stopper for Flow.
I may have to try Logic Apps out just to get my project done. Hopfully there is a way to port the Flow file inside of Azure Logic Apps. I can not rebuild the flow, it took too long.
Just a FYI to everyone on this thread, I determined the cause of my issues with this. It turned out that it was indeed a column number issue in my target list, however it was the number of lookup columns specifically. I have a couple of SharePoint designer workflows on my list as well and it turns out that every time you update a SharePoint designer workflow it creates another lookup column for the list in question (one for each version of the workflow). So what was happening in my case, everything was working fine and it appeared that I wasn't making any changes to the list itself but in reality every time I updated my SharePoint designer workflow it was indeed updating the list with an additional lookup column. The lookup colum restraint is a SharePoint specific limit and not a Flow restriction. I fixed this by removing the older versions of the workflows on the list, which in turn removed the lookup column associated with that workflow version, and it fixed my issues. I am not sure if this is relevant to anyone else on this thread.
I have just completed migrating my flows over to Logic Apps however as it allows for direct editing of the JSON which allievates my need to go directly into designer, which seems to have a lot of performance issues with larger workflows. @robertcaretta, you can export your flows to JSON and import them to Azure Logic Apps, it does take some tweaking of the JSON but it works. You just select Export->Logic Apps Template from the ...More menu under the flow you want to migrate.
I'm glad to see this resolved for you - to be clear - you were expecting the designer workflow updates to trigger a flow run?
I will follow up on our side.
No, I had two designer workflows that handled the following tasks since Flow did not support them:
I was able to remove #2 as Flow (as well as Logic Apps) now support SharePoint drop down lists. So that removed any lookup colums for that particular SPD workflow and I make sure to only keep one additional version of the permission SPD workflow.
I expected the Flows to trigger in the following conditions:
Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.