cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCCLabelFlow
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow not Triggering (Sharepoint Modified)

Correct its FS - we actually have another process, Tripwire, running that performs the same function, capturing file changes - our hope was that Flow could replace Tripwire.  We plan to reconcile the two and I'll let you know the differences, but again, we can copy the flow and change only the servers/paths and see significant variations in expected versus actual output.  It may be OS-version related?

bdc604
Level 8

2 years later and I see this is still an issue, that’s reassuring... and MS wants $$ for this? Most of my SharePoint flows only fire in test mode, its a joke. Modern SP + Flow is the Windows 8 fiasco all over again, but at least it worked.
pontellt

ugh... spent an hour on this to find out its a known bug for YEARS.. and I thought I did something wrong.. i deleted, recreated, triggered (or so I thought).

Seriously this product has too many issues for my liking. 

CindyZ

@dblyth I just sent some information to your email on this topic.  My "when an item is created or modified" will run when I manually hit run or test --- but it gets stuck.  It is not kicking off at all automatically upon creation or change as I would expect it to.  

Power Automate Staff dblyth
Power Automate Staff

@CindyZ  I have not received any mail -- can you please double check?

CindyZ

Thanks for checking with me.  I "think" I send you a notification to ignore that.  I'm still working on this but I think now it may be my error.  I'll circle back with you for sure.  

CindyZ

I'm good with this now.  It was not related to the trigger failing rather -- I misunderstood the new menu for creating flows and selected the wrong one and I'd not put a button on my app to kick it off -- while I'd expected it to automatically kick off.  I'm sorry but thanks for your quick reply. 

chuckL
Level: Power Up

Has there been a fix for this yet?  I have spent days trying everything and rebuilding flows but have now given up where the flow only gets triggered sometimes on modify. 😞

mkWaterNSW
Level: Power Up

Facing similar issue with Flow. The issue is random with my scenario and not consistent, sometimes the Flow skips updates happening to the list item in SharePoint Online list but other times fires. I tested this since 4 hours now and out of 20 updates it skipped 5-6 of them. But successfully fired at other times. Trigger is the same, connection is the same, list is the same.

So I would like to know the trigger dependecy detail, how can we check logs or find the trail of flow since update is made in SharePoint Online. Has someone faced similar random issue earlier? Looking eagerly for a resolution and cause of why it is happening.

Power Automate Staff dblyth
Power Automate Staff

Is it possible that there are multiple changes to the same item within a few second window? Unfortunately such changes in close proximity are batched together into a single flow run.

How are the items being modified as well? API calls? Other Flows? the UI's list editor?

Finally, is it possible that versioning is enabled and a new version has not been published when the changes are missed?

Any or all of these can impact whether Flows trigger and/or what changes they see when they run.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,023)