cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Flow not Triggering (Sharepoint Modified)

I'm also getting this issue. Flow not being triggered.

A regressive, dysfunctional, horrific experience.

Highlighted
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

I discussed with a Microsoft Technician again last week and was told it would be at least 1-2 more months for a fix. Mind you, I was told 1 month ago that it would be fixed in 1 month. So it could be just whenever.

Highlighted

For what it's worth - I don't experience these issue son Azure Logic Apps

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi,

Can you pleae provide more details, I'm sorry for your experience with us. There are no known issues right now with update/create notifications on sharepoint items with flows.

Thanks

Highlighted
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Here is my incident number with Microsoft if you want to look it up. My issue is related to Forms and Flow. 

Office 365 Ticket #30126-6082779

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

The issue is simple.  I constantly modified a SP list item, workflow doesn't fire upon modification as designed.  This happened in July/Aug timeframe on many list items.  The trigger not happening consistently is sadly a massive show stopper for Flow.

Highlighted
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

I may have to try Logic Apps out just to get my project done. Hopfully there is a way to port the Flow file inside of Azure Logic Apps. I can not rebuild the flow, it took too long.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Just a FYI to everyone on this thread, I determined the cause of my issues with this.  It turned out that it was indeed a column number issue in my target list, however it was the number of lookup columns specifically.  I have a couple of SharePoint designer workflows on my list as well and it turns out that every time you update a SharePoint designer workflow it creates another lookup column for the list in question (one for each version of the workflow).  So what was happening in my case, everything was working fine and it appeared that I wasn't making any changes to the list itself but in reality every time I updated my SharePoint designer workflow it was indeed updating the list with an additional lookup column.  The lookup colum restraint is a SharePoint specific limit and not a Flow restriction.  I fixed this by removing the older versions of the workflows on the list, which in turn removed the lookup column associated with that workflow version, and it fixed my issues.  I am not sure if this is relevant to anyone else on this thread.

I have just completed migrating my flows over to Logic Apps however as it allows for direct editing of the JSON which allievates my need to go directly into designer, which seems to have a lot of performance issues with larger workflows. @robertcaretta, you can export your flows to JSON and import them to Azure Logic Apps, it does take some tweaking of the JSON but it works.  You just select Export->Logic Apps Template from the ...More menu under the flow you want to migrate.

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi,

I'm glad to see this resolved for you - to be clear - you were expecting the designer workflow updates to trigger a flow run?

I will follow up on our side.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

No, I had two designer workflows that handled the following tasks since Flow did not support them:

1. Updating permissions on the individual SharePoint item based on state changes assigned by Flow or Logic Apps
  2. Updating drop down lists based on state changes in the Flow workflows

I was able to remove #2 as Flow (as well as Logic Apps) now support SharePoint drop down lists.  So that removed any lookup colums for that particular SPD workflow and I make sure to only keep one additional version of the permission SPD workflow.

I expected the Flows to trigger in the following conditions:

1. New item submitted to the list
  2. An item is updated
  3. A timed event triggers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,453)