cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow not firing on new item create with hyperlink field

I had a flow that was not triggering/firing on my first step which was 'SharePoint - On new item create'. After trying to correct an issue with the particular flow, I decided to create just a basic email flow.

When new item is created --> Send email to myself.

This failed too! After looking at my fields and noting that none were out of the ordinary, Iike a weird lookup field or a permissions issue, I narrowed it down to a hyperlink field. I deleted this field and Viola!, emails began to send.

It seems that the hyperlink field does not work properly with Flow. Is this just happening to me and my environment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow not firing on new item create with hyperlink field

Hi @ek5150,

Glad to know that the issue is gone now, though it is hard to track the root cause of this issue now..

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ek5150,

I have a hyberlink column in my SharePoint list and I use this list to create the same flow as yours. And my flow fired normally after I added a new item in list. I have both a picture column and a hyberlink column. One requires to contain data one not.

Capture.PNG

Would you please try to readd this column in SharePoint to have a test?

Regards,

Mona

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. After I removed the column and replaced with a text field, the Flow kicked off as intended. I then added the column back to the list and the Flow kicked off as intended. Not sure if this is just a bug or something else.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ek5150,

Glad to know that the issue is gone now, though it is hard to track the root cause of this issue now..

Regards,

Mona

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,421)