cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamPo Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Flow response to powerapps doesn't update

Hi,

I have a button which calls a very simple flow which returns fixed values to my app.

The call from the app is "Collect(TestCollect,Test2.Run())"

The Test2 flow returns 2 text values to the flow called 'First' and 'Second' which fill the Collection in the App.

On the first run, the flow correctly fills the collection as expected. If I add, remove or edit any of the values returned to the app then it doesn't work (if I just update the text/content of the value then it updates fine). The collection (even if I create a new one) always stays with the values that were set on the first save of the flow. The only way to update the values is to create a new flow from scratch which obviously makes working with the flow very difficult.

Sam 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow response to powerapps doesn't update

Hi @SamPo,

How is the flow Test2 created?

Do you mean that the flow cannot transfer updated value to the collection after the flow has been updated?

I will help reproduce this issue on my side.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Impactful Individual

When updating the values of the parameters the flow works.

The issue is when trying to update the parameters themselves or add/remove paramenters.

Let's say my flow transfers employee data with the following response:

{

"FName": "abc"

"LName": "abc"

}

If I change the 'abc' value (as I would per employee) then it works fine but lets say I want to change the parameter name from 'FName' to 'FirstName' or add another field called 'Department' then the parameters will not be passed to powerapps. Only parameters that have the same name as they were on the very first save of the flow will be passed to powerapps. In order to send updated parameters the flow needs to be copied and saved with the new parameters and then change the flow in powerapps to the new copied flow.

Impactful Individual

@v-yamao-msft any updates here?

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (9,622)