cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanner
Level 8

Flow run history has disappeared

I have several Flows that have been turned on for months. One such Flow has an entry that was submitted on October 10th. While I am aware of the fact that Microsoft Flow has a hardcoded lifetime of 30 days before Flows automatically fail, that should not prevent me from seeing the entry in the full Flow Run History page (or even the shortlist on the Flow info page, if only a few more recent runs have occurred). However, when I look for this Flow, I can't see anything further back than a run on October 24th.

Is Microsoft aware of this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Flow Staff TravisB
Flow Staff

Re: Flow run history has disappeared

Hi @Tanner,

In order to remain GDPR compliant we're unable to maintain run logs for greater than 30 days. I think we might cut that a bit shorter to give ourselves some head-room for compliance.

If you have a need to audit flow runs older than 30 days, unfortunately the only option we have available is to pre-emptively download and maintain records of flow runs so that you can refer back to them when needed.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you Smiley Sad

Best,

Travis

ljb02
Level: Powered On

Hi @TravisB, what part of GDPR are you trying to be compliant with here? I'm a bit confused, I'm not aware of anything related to GDPR that means deleting this data after 30 days

Highlighted
Tanner
Level 8

@ljb02I'm sure it is Microsoft's interpretation (AKA someone high enough with the power to make the arbitrary decision) regarding the part of GDPR that specifies you must only keep a user's data "for as long as is necessary". This is intentionally vague in the law to allow for varying lengths of time, as different industries need to retain data for different lengths of time.

What really boggles the mind is that Flows can run for up to 30 days (itself a mind-bogglingly low limit), but run data/history is only kept for 28, so you can have a Flow entry still running that suddenly cannot be found on day 29 or 30.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 391 members 5,998 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: