cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bschoeni
Level: Powered On

Flow step Forms - no form selection available if started from Flow Forms Templates

Update : thanks to HougikenSK he narrowed down that this only happens if you start from the Flow Forms Templates.

----

Hi,

For a prospect demo case I want to capture customer complaints with Microsoft Forms and store information in a SharePoint list to further work on with the Quality Team if it needs a Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions.

The problem is that in the first Form step "When a new response is submitted" I don't have the dropdown to select which Form this Flow should listen to.

I was doing this with an E3 license.

Is there any latency between the time a Form is created and when it's available to Flow ? But it should at least show an empty dropdown as it does for the SharePoint step "Site" and "List".

Thanks a lot,

Belinda

Forms_Flow_SelectForm.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow step Forms - When a new response is submitted - no form selection available

Hi @bschoeni,

Have you made sure that the connection of Forms is connected to flow successfully? I cannot reproduce your issue as I could access my form from the list:

1.PNG

Please try to reconnect to see if this still happens.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
HougikenSK
Level: Power Up

Re: Flow step Forms - When a new response is submitted - no form selection available

Hi, I have experienced the same.

and when I tried to make flow not from templates but from scratch, connection to the Form successed.

bschoeni

Thanks a lot for the Workaround! I didn't even think of testing just the step on its own in a blank Flow. This will work for my immediate needs. Best, Belinda

bschoeni

Hi Mona,

Thanks yes the connections are correct. But another user narrowed it down that it only happens when you use the predifined templates starting with Forms.

I rechecked the Record Form Responses in SharePoint Template, see both connections using the admin account.

FlowFormsIssues.JPG

Then when in the next screen you see that first step does not contain Form Id. If I add a manual step "Get Responses" then the Form Id shows up. If I start a blank Flow and use the step "When a new response is submitted" it works fine as well.

FormConnectionOK.JPG

Thanks a lot,

Belinda

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,735)