cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MaxDonen
Level: Powered On

Flow to populate an excel table + email as attachment: sent table not fully populated

Fairly confident there's a bug here. The flow is fairly simple in nature and having tried a bunch of resolutions, I'm not sure where else to turn. 

Here's my flow (I can't find a way to post screenshots on this forum):

1) Flow triggered in powerapps. Email parsed to Flow. OK. 

2) Get items from: sharepoint list. OK. 

3) List rows present in: sharepoint excel doc. OK. 

4) Apply to each: excel row, add sharepoint rows to sharepoint excel doc. OK. (The excel table populates fine.)

5) Get file metadata: excel doc. OK.

6) Get file content: excel doc. OK. 

7) Get file metadata: excel doc. OK. 

8 ) Send email (v2) with excel doc as attachment: Attached Excel doc has several rows missing from sharepoint list.

Why might this be? I have tried delays of up to a minute and isolating individual steps, with no success.

I do note that when I removed steps 1-4, and pre-populated excel doc with the same info, it successfully sent all rows into the resulting excel attachment. So this leads me to believe that the 'get file content' task is being run before the excel doc has been fully populated...but adding a delay before the 'get file content' task, even of 30 seconds, and even for a small number of rows (eg 3) did not solve this!

Could the underlying cause be that the flow is attempting to run certain tasks in parallel, and if so, is there any way to prevent future tasks being run before present tasks are complete? I have tried initialising and evaluating variables to try to accomplish this without success-is there a better approach? 

It does not matter whether the list starts off with only, say, 5 rows, or 50; some rows are always missing. 

Could someone please look into this? Can the issue be recreated? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow to populate an excel table + email as attachment: sent table not fully populated

Hi @MaxDonen ,

I replied to you in your another post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-to-send-excel-as-attachment-does-not-fully-p...

Please reply in the above link and I would help close this post.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow to populate an excel table + email as attachment: sent table not fully populated

Hi @MaxDonen ,

I replied to you in your another post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-to-send-excel-as-attachment-does-not-fully-p...

Please reply in the above link and I would help close this post.

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

MaxDonen
Level: Powered On

Thanks-much appreciated. I understand that in order to delete this post, I need to make a request. If you can delete it, then please go ahead since, as you correctly state, you have responded to the issue elsewhere. Please let me know if I need to take any further action to delete this post 🙂 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MaxDonen ,

You needn't to delete it and you could leave the post as solved.

Best regards,

Alice       

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,967)