cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hiroki
Level: Powered On

Flow with a trigger "when an item is created or modified " from share point list. "Limit Columns by View" dosen't work.

I create Flow with a trigger "when an item is created or modified " from share point list.

I input "Limit Columns by View". But the trigger also works when a column other than set columns is modified. 

I consider this is Bug. Please correct it or teach me solution.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow with a trigger "when an item is created or modified " from share point list. "Limit Columns by View" dosen't work.

Hi @hiroki,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow with a trigger "when an item is created or modified " from share point list. "Limit Columns by View" dosen't work.

Hi @hiroki,

You can use the "Select action" instead of "Limit Columns by View" to achieve your purpose.
Capture4.PNG

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hiroki

Hi @Lin,

Thank you for your reply.

I can't understand how to use the "Select action" instead of "Limit Columns by View".

My purpose is the trigger works only when limited column is modified.

I may achieve my purpose, if I could know which column is modified. 

I'm looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Hiroki,

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hiroki,

Sorry for misunderstood your issue.

The Limit Columns by View is a feature that limits the output of the item, it is not the feature that limits trigger works only when the limited column is modified. And the trigger is monitoring all columns of the SharePoint, it could not be only triggered when some special columns are modified.

Annotation 2019-09-10 170659.png

However, there is a complex way to get the previous version of the modified item.

Currently, there is no action can get the previous version of the item before modified.  So we need to use the Send an Http request to SharePoint. The following are the steps that get previous version of item which has not been modified. Then parse it, and comparing it with the modified version. It can know which column is modified and the special columns whether they are modified. Annotation 2019-09-10 175002.pngAnnotation 2019-09-10 175048.png

Cause this method is complex, if you are interested in it, I will reply to you with more details about it. You can refer to this post firstly:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/How-to-get-previous-versions-of-a-list-i...

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hiroki

@v-litu-msft 

I'm interested in the complex way to know which column is modified.

Plase give me more detail information.

Thank you.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hiroki,

I found this method has been published as a Blog by @He USES the same method as mine, and it is more detailed.

Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog: Check-for-a-Change-in-a-SharePoint-List-Column-Value

You can refer to his Blog, if you have any question during structure, please contact us.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hiroki,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 433 members 6,126 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: