cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathana
Level: Powered On

Flows Using Wrong Connection

I'm having an issue where my flows will not connect using the connection specified in the Flow editor.  I have 4 MS SQL databases connected on the same server.  Standard SQL databases, not Azure SQL.

I set up a test flow to execute a stored procedure in one database, then a stored procedure in a different database.  The top procedure is configured to use DB1.  The second stored procedure to use DB2.

Running the test on this flow shows me which connections it will try to use, and it reports using DB1 for both procedures.  If I change the values in the test run interface it works properly when executed.  However, it should be pulling from the connections I have selected on each procedure in the flow editor.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flows Using Wrong Connection

Hi @Nathana,

First of all, you need to ensure that the connection with these DB is currently connected, and the correct connection is selected when configuring the action.

5.PNG

Secondly, when executing Flow, you can click "Edit connections" to check if the corresponding connector contains all connections. If not, you need to switch to the expected connection. 

For example, I have two Send an email actions. The accounts configured by connection are barrycao and barry2, but only barrycao is displayed here, so I need to replace one of them with barry2, as below:

Image reference:

6.PNG7.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Nathana
Level: Powered On

Re: Flows Using Wrong Connection

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the reply.  I have confirmed the flow nodes are set to use the correct connections in the flow configuration.

When I run the test, the connections are replaced by different connections, just like in your example.  Choosing new connections works... but that doesn't help me when the flow runs automated.  The flow needs to use the connection set up in the configuration.

This is how it is configured:

Config

This is how it completely ignores my configuration when I run the test:

Test

Running this as a normal flow will fail because the stored procedure in IntegrationSupport doesn't exist in EPDS92.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 237 members 4,512 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: