cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ubertortle
Helper I
Helper I

Flows changed behavior

I have a flow that takes a number column on sharepoint that always displays 5 decimals, example 19.00189 it then composes to add .00001 and replaces the number. As well as place that number in a single line column on sharepoint. The number column displays 5 decimals so that when a number rolls over to 19.00190 it displays as just that rather then 19.0019. this was working just fine and when my flow put that number in the single line of text column it would display exactly like the number column it is taking it from. But starting a while back  it is now displaying as 19.0019 when the number column still displays 19.00190. I have not been able to find a work around and it is causing a number of issues as my users have to rename multiple items that use this number when ever the item rolls around to a number ending in zero. I believe it is occuring when the flow gets a hold of the number it now appears to drop the trailing zero. Please let me know if there is something I can do to work around this. I am 100% positive it did not have this type of behavior before this point, as my records are all correct up to the point it occured. Some time between January 28th and 31st I believe.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the response,

I did determine that the flow was ignoring the trailing zeroes. The issue was that it did not have this behavior before the date I provided and my original design was made with this in mind. I have the evidence confirming this. 

In regards to your proposed change, my column is a number column because it conducts a calculation. So I am not sure how to implement your solution without getting rid of that capability. Unless calculation can be made to a number in a single line of text field. 

I have found a work around, I have made a secondary (calculated) column that displays the data from my number column as a single line of text. I then have the flow take the number from that column after the calculations have been made.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhos-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Ubertortle ,

As you said, the first issue: when you set a number(like:19.0089) in the SP, it will be changed to 19.0019 in the flow, right?

Second, you want the number to be displayed with 5 decimals(like19.00190 rather than 19.0019) in the flow.

I have made a test on my side:

I created a list with two column, a Number column named 'Number', a text column 'N'.

Capture3.PNG

The flow is like below:

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNGCapture6.PNG

I am afraid the flow will ignore the trailing zero of the decimal which are stored in the list with a number column.

If you want to display the original data, I suggest you use the Text column in the list.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the response,

I did determine that the flow was ignoring the trailing zeroes. The issue was that it did not have this behavior before the date I provided and my original design was made with this in mind. I have the evidence confirming this. 

In regards to your proposed change, my column is a number column because it conducts a calculation. So I am not sure how to implement your solution without getting rid of that capability. Unless calculation can be made to a number in a single line of text field. 

I have found a work around, I have made a secondary (calculated) column that displays the data from my number column as a single line of text. I then have the flow take the number from that column after the calculations have been made.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,392)