cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flows not triggering after making copy of flow

I had a working flow that triggers off a shared mailbox.

To make changes to the flow, I did a "Save As" to another flow and edited the existing flow so that I would have a backup of my working flow.

After removing some actions from the end of the newly saved flow, I enabled the flow, but whenever I would send new e-mails to the shared mailbox, the flow refuses to trigger.

I tried using the Test Flow, but that was ignoring inbound e-mails as well.

I also tried clearing the shared mailbox information and re-entering it and then saving in the hope that it would reset, but that didn't help either.

I also tried creating a brand new flow that triggers off the same shared mailbox and they work as expected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Flows not triggering after making copy of flow

To provide more input, I exported the flow to a zip file which I then provided to another user who imported the file into their flow environment.

After importing the flow, the trigger again would not fire in his environment either (Trigger: When an e-mail arrives in a shared mailbox).

I then had the user edit the flow and use the flow Test to see if that would work.

Under Test, the flow would trigger properly when an e-mail was sent to the shared mailbox.

Exiting out of the flow editor and trying to send another e-mail to the shared mailbox again would not trigger the flow.

At that point, I had the user edit the flow again, click open the trigger box, reselect the shared mailbox in the drop-down and then save the flow again.

After doing this, the flow immediately saw the two new e-mails and ran the flow as it should.

There appears to be some disconnect in a trigger when migrating a flow from one environment to another or perhaps even within the same environment.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nokstweiss,

I tried to reproduce this issue by creating a simple flow with the trigger When an email arrives in a shared mailbox, then save as to another flow. I modified both the original flow and the copied flow, both were triggered properly.

How is your flow created?

Could you try again with it?

If you are still having the issue, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@

How is your flow created?

Hi Mabel,

The original flow had been created from scratch using the web user interface.

Thanks,

Steve

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

To provide more input, I exported the flow to a zip file which I then provided to another user who imported the file into their flow environment.

After importing the flow, the trigger again would not fire in his environment either (Trigger: When an e-mail arrives in a shared mailbox).

I then had the user edit the flow and use the flow Test to see if that would work.

Under Test, the flow would trigger properly when an e-mail was sent to the shared mailbox.

Exiting out of the flow editor and trying to send another e-mail to the shared mailbox again would not trigger the flow.

At that point, I had the user edit the flow again, click open the trigger box, reselect the shared mailbox in the drop-down and then save the flow again.

After doing this, the flow immediately saw the two new e-mails and ran the flow as it should.

There appears to be some disconnect in a trigger when migrating a flow from one environment to another or perhaps even within the same environment.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nokstweiss,

Thanks for updating.

After you exporting then importing the flow, please make sure the connections are properly configured.

It seems that the flow will be triggered properly under test. And the flow will work after it is re-edited.

So far, this issue cannot be reproduced on my side. I will test more for reproducing.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,716)