cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Flows with CDS (Current Environment) are Disabled during Import Azure DevOps/Power Platform Build Tools

Microsoft offers the Common Data Service (Current Environment) as a connector in Power Automate that enables transfer of solution aware flows in an 'enabled' state - no further authorisation is required and the flows can be moved across environments without re-enabling manually. 

Azure DevOps offers the Power Platform Build Tools to automate deployments between environments as part of an enterprise-grade ALM deployment for Flows, but this is negated when the flows need to be enabled manually during import.

• There is a setting in Import Solution to 'enable workflows during import' which doesn't do anything.
  • Enabled workflows cannot be updated as they are unmanaged customisations.
  • 'Overwrite Unmanaged Customisations' updates the flows, but resets them to the 'disabled' state, even if the only connections required are Common Data Service (Current Environment)

Please Address this issue - it becomes very difficult to build any realistic DevOps with Power Automate when we need to enable flows manually every time. A few other points:

• PowerShell scripts do not support service principles at this time, so that is not a workaround
  • PowerShell scripts do not work with MFA-enabled accounts, so tenants with MFA cannot build scripts to enable flows without manually signing in each time.
  • Power Automate Management Connector does not work well with Solution-aware flows at this time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flows with CDS (Current Environment) are Disabled during Import Azure DevOps/Power Platform Build Tools

Hi @jzia93 ,

Thank you for your sharing.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flows with CDS (Current Environment) are Disabled during Import Azure DevOps/Power Platform Build Tools

Hi @jzia93 ,

Thank you for your sharing.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi 

Why is this problem marked as solved?

- I don't see any solution - not even a workaround?

I would love to hear from Microsoft what the status is on solving this problem, and what we are supposed to do in the mean time?

- this problem has been around for several months now. It is hart to gain trust in a platform (the Power Platform), when something as critical as this is still not working. 

(I have this problem too - whenever I move my solution from DEV to TEST, or from TEST to PROD I have to manually correct my flows to solve the problem that they are not imported correctly together with the rest of my solution. This is very annoying and makes the hole deployment process very error-prone - the exact reason why you would want to use an ALM solution in the first place, but this problem defeats its purpose completely)

Kind regards

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,594)