cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Flows with Move File steps are all now suddenly failing with error "An item with the same key has already been added" after 1 move

I have seen others post this as well, but have not seen any under bugs.

Suddenly all our Flows are failing with this error after any file is attempted to be moved if it had ever been moved before. Our entire project is now at a halt.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Move-File-Multiple-Times-Error-400-An-Item-with-t...

An item with the same key has already been added. CallStack -- at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.MetaInfoHandler.Add(MetaInfoProperty property)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.HandleMetaInfo(ExportObjectManager objectManager, SPWeb parentWeb, Object metaInfoObject, SerializationInfo info, Guid listID, Guid itemID, String itemETag)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileVersionSerializer.GetDataFromDocsRow(DataRow fileData, SerializationInfo info, ExportDataFileManager fileManager, ExportObjectManager objectManager)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileVersionSerializer.GetDataFromDataSet(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileVersionSerializer.GetObjectData(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.SerializeObject(Object obj, ISerializationSurrogate surrogate, String elementName, Boolean bNeedEnvelope)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.WriteArray(Object array, String name, Type objectType)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.SerializeObject(Object obj, ISerializationSurrogate surrogate, String elementName, Boolean bNeedEnvelope)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object topLevelObject)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPExport.SerializeObjects()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPExport.Run()
clientRequestId: aa513210-84ba-4954-8f5d-fa2dd48c9956
serviceRequestId: aa513210-84ba-4954-8f5d-fa2dd48c9956
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flows with Move File steps are all now suddenly failing with error "An item with the same key has already been added" after 1 move

Hi All,

Could you reproduce the same issue today?

I have made a test today and I still cannot reproduce the same issue.

Please check my configuration:

First Flow:

121.PNG

The second Flow:

122.PNG

Please feel free to let us know if the issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Flows with Move File steps are all now suddenly failing with error "An item with the same key has already been added" after 1 move

We have the same problems. We have three folders:

Ready for Internal QA

Ready for External QA

Complete

The SharePoint Move File action always fails between "Ready for External QA" and "Complete" and we receive Error Message 400: An Item with the same key has already been added.

Highlighted

Same error here!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi All,

Could you reproduce the same issue today? Please take a try again.

I have made a test and I could not reproduce the same issue on my side.

Please check my configuration and flow run history, If there is a difference from your configuration, please let me know:

101.PNG102.PNG

I will follow this issue, please provide more details so that we could reproduce the same issue and report this issue.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@v-bacao-msft

I am not working today but I tried again from my phone and it is still failing for the same reason.

Please create 2 For Selected Item Flows in which each moves the selected file to another folder.

Select a file and run a flow.
Now select the newly moved file and run the other flow. This is where mine now fails for the error shown above. None of my flows are working on any files who have gone through a flow that moved them already. They were working fine until mid this week.
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I was also experiencing this issue on all of my libraries and flows yesterday, it went from the the error message:

"An item with the same key has already been added. CallStack --"

to new error message this morning:

"status": 400,
"message": "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. CallStack --

This has impacted our already impacted staff significantly trying to work from home and these files are not being moved along the process.  Please help. 

Highlighted

Look under the recycle bin the original folder is there so the move action doesn’t really move the folder.

I was testing a new flow a few days ago and I’m sure it was not doing this.

If you move the folder using the move to option from the menu it works fine.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi All,

Could you reproduce the same issue today?

I have made a test today and I still cannot reproduce the same issue.

Please check my configuration:

First Flow:

121.PNG

The second Flow:

122.PNG

Please feel free to let us know if the issue still exists.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Mine all appear to be working again today.

I will leave this open until some of the other people who commented earlier also confirm they are no longer having this issue.

Once there is a level of comfort, I will mark this as closed.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

All my Flows that were throwing this error started to function correctly sometime on April 4th. I will also continue to monitor them this week and report back.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,335)