cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

For a Selected "item" or "file" Does not show because of URL

If you have a subsite with url as follows /sites/demo/ABC-AA%20&%20BB

The for a selected Item or for a selected file does not show in the flow menu when a document is selected.

Steps to recreate

1. Create site collection.
  2. Create Subsite with url /sites/demo/ABC-AA & BB.
  3. Create flow "For a selected file" on a document library.
  4. Add new file to library.
  5. Select document.
  6. Click Flow menu.

I tried this with a subsite without - and & and works as expected. 

Workaround

The workaround would be to change the url, however we have other functionality that relies on the subsite being the same url as it is now. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NotAlex ,

I have had a test and reproduced similar issue. After checking SharePoint library Setting, I found that special characters in library name would be deleted automatically in SharePoint.

17.png

Please consider renaming the library following SharePoint's naming rules.

Besides, please check this link to get more details about SharePoint naming rules and see if it helps:

invalid-file-names-and-file-types-in-onedrive-onedrive-for-business-and-sharepoint

I hope it will help.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hey @v-bacao-msft 

Thanks for that, although this is special characters at the subsite level rather than the library level.

Kind Regards

Alex

Hi @NotAlex ,

Yes, I also tested to name subsite with special characters, and the same issue happens.

t1.png

This is a special character and naming convention that you should not use when naming SharePoint Site names, subsite names, or site group names:

t2.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (5,876)