cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

German characters ÄÜÖ

Hello,

i successfully build a flow to update my .cvs files on my FTP-Server.

Unluckily theres a Problem with the file-content because in the updated files there are everywhere "�" instead of öäü for example.

Is this a known bug or is there a fix for this problem?

Best regards,

Armin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: German characters ÄÜÖ

Hi @armin_,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you enable the Binary Transport option when you create a connection to the FTP Connector?

Do you set the Character set encode to UTF-8 within your FTP Server?

Please enable the Binary Transport option when you create a connection to the FTP Connector as below:20.JPG

Then set the Character set encode to UTF-8 within your FTP Server to check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also check if you have updated your .CSV file with proper file content. If you could provide more details about your scenario, we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @armin_,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you enable the Binary Transport option when you create a connection to the FTP Connector?

Do you set the Character set encode to UTF-8 within your FTP Server?

Please enable the Binary Transport option when you create a connection to the FTP Connector as below:20.JPG

Then set the Character set encode to UTF-8 within your FTP Server to check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also check if you have updated your .CSV file with proper file content. If you could provide more details about your scenario, we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I activated the Binary option and I think my problem is solved, but I don't know where I can find the UTF-8 setting within my FTP.

Thank you for your help.

Armin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,597)