cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Get file content not getting everything from Excel file on email attachment attachment

Hello,

I'm sort of a newbie with Power Automate. I'm creating a scheduled trigger that uses an excel table template to get items from SharePoint List Library to be sent out to managers as an email attachment. I'm using Nate's post to build my flow, almost identical to what he's doing. However, my excel attachment is only getting the 1st data row on the attachment while the template on the Document Library where the excel file is, has all the expected rows. Now sure what's wrong. Any help is much appreciated. 

image.png

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Get file content not getting everything from Excel file on email attachment attachment

@mshakya5 

Use delay of 1 min before sending email.

Excel file takes time to refresh and save data. Flow executes within a second. Get file action only capture data till that time and send whatever it gets.

Thanks

Hardesh

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Get file content not getting everything from Excel file on email attachment attachment

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@mshakya5 

Use delay of 1 min before sending email.

Excel file takes time to refresh and save data. Flow executes within a second. Get file action only capture data till that time and send whatever it gets.

Thanks

Hardesh

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mshakya5,

Could you please tell me more details about what are you doing on the two Apply to each action?Annotation 2020-05-25 105533.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@Hardesh15: I added a delay of 60 sec right after "Get file content" before sending email attachment. It doesn't seem to work.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@mshakya5 

Please put delay before Get file content. Get file content action will wait at least one minute then fetch current state of data.

Try this and let me know.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes, that worked. Thank you for quick reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,154)