cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raghav_gokakkar

HTML formatting is lost when email is forwarded to a Teams channel

Hi,

I have a number of flows that use "Post a message as the Flow bot to a channel" to forward certain emails to Teams channel. Until yesterday, it worked fine. Since this morning, emails with html content are being shown as plain text on Teams channels. 

On Teams channel, email is now shown as 

<html><head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body><b>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</b><p></p><b>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</b><p></p><table border="1"><tbody><tr><td>xxxxxx</td><td>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</td></tr><tr><td>xxx</td><td>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</td></tr><tr><td>xxx</td><td>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</td></tr></tbody></table></body></html></p>

7 REPLIES 7
raghav_gokakkar

flow action.png

Until yesterday the HTML content looked correct.

Until yesterday the message looked like thisUntil yesterday the message looked like this

Alan_Sanchez
Advocate I
Advocate I

I encountered a similar issue and found a way to get the HTML to stick, however word of caution, don't collapse or close the action box until you are absolutely finished making all changes to your flow else your HTML will be erased. Microsoft has yet to respond to me on this issue as well as it appears to be the result of an upgraded release that either downgrades the email action or broke it.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Send-an-Email-v2-not-saving-HTML-code/m-p/706769#M...

Send an Email (v2) not saving HTML code 

+@v-alzhan-msft 

Thank you @Alan_Sanchez! I will see if this works for me too although the flow bot only forwards the email, I have no control over its content.

dforward
Frequent Visitor

Ive experienced this as well.  My flow post via bot to teams with an HTML table is now all mangled.

travisrauh
Regular Visitor

This is a huge issue for us and many others as discussed in the "Ideas" section for some reason.

Microsoft needs to fix this urgently.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/quot-Post-a-message-as-the-Flow-bot-to-a-ch...

Just noticed this morning that the HTML formatting on the flows is working ok again!

Hasn't been fixed for me yet, my flows fired at 2AM this morning without formatting the HTML text.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,929)